Onside Kick

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
i was watching the replay tonight. I highly recommend going back and rewatching the hit Soehner put on their jump ball guy near the sideline on Tech’s onside kick in Q4. Not too often you see somebody 6.5’+ with their feet over their head. Wow!

I still don’t know what happened to Mike Rose about that time.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
i was watching the replay tonight. I highly recommend going back and rewatching the hit Soehner put on their jump ball guy near the sideline on Tech’s onside kick in Q4. Not too often you see somebody 6.5’+ with their feet over their head. Wow!

I wondered that too about Rose. Either he got hurt or was mad about something that happened on that play and needed to get out of there.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I wondered that too about Rose. Either he got hurt or was mad about something that happened on that play and needed to get out of there.
I think he got hit I’m the eye or eyes.

side note - when that happened, Walters on the radio said, “and mike Rose is hurt on the play..... Wow. That sucks.”

Indeed John. That does suck.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

side note - when that happened, Walters on the radio said, “and mike Rose is hurt on the play..... Wow. That sucks.”

It almost seemed like he had been going all out, all game, and physically it finally hit him. Dude almost seemed like he was just physically exhausted. He was all over the field this game.

Reactions: harimad

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls

Soehner smoked that guy. It was the first thing I noticed. It got Alex Golesh fired up on the sidelines too.

Reactions: ST8TAILG8R

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Didn’t get to see last 9 min of the game. Please tell me Mike Rose didn’t get hurt badly (on an onside kick nonetheless)
Speaking of injuries, does anyone know the Vance injury? Last I read, upper body. Is it shoulder? Concussion?

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Didn’t get to see last 9 min of the game. Please tell me Mike Rose didn’t get hurt badly (on an onside kick nonetheless)
Speaking of injuries, does anyone know the Vance injury? Last I read, upper body. Is it shoulder? Concussion?
He did not get hurt badly.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

He didn’t even go talk to any trainers or anything, so I’m assuming Rose is fine.

clones2005

Jan 14, 2017
The way he was acting it looked like he either took a shot to the nuts or a hit to the solar plexus. Either way he looked like he was going to puke.
Yeah, I was watching the replay pretty close to see if I could tell what happened, but nothing stood out. There is a chance the football caught him below the belt, but, the reaction from all of the players and the ball didn't seem to back that up. Oh well, hopefully it is a non issue and he is ready to play against the Pokes.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA

Is there video of the inside anywhere? I keep hearing about this hit but I didn't see the play - had Walters on the radio.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

John really blurted that out, didn’t he?

He explained a minute later that he thought the PI was a bad call, so Tech shouldn’t have scored, so there shouldn’t have been an onside kick for Rose to get hurt on. That’s what he thought sucked.

Yep. Rose should have been on the sideline, watching the offense run out he clock. :confused:

At least, if Walters was right about the PI being a bad call.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
My son said right away that he looks like he got hit in the nuts

I can confirm that Rose got a heel to the nads. Watched the play this afternoon in super slo mo. A Tech player had his back to Rose and was responding to the ball going out of bounds. The guy was kicking his feet and his lower right leg he brought up behind him and Rose was just standing right there. You can't actually see the contact but it is pretty obvious by Mike's immediate response that the kid's heel came right up into the twilight zone.