Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Saw this tweet on my phone, went to post it here and it looks like it may have been deleted. Odd, unless I’m missing something.
6DF519ED-D1DB-4A6F-B03B-DBBE84F1D387.png

• Funny
Reactions: ATCy

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Oh lawd he comin'.

PRlAQvz.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
6’4” is pretty good length for a shooting guard.

A couple of these kids could end up Big 10 players, but a whole class is a recruiting failure.
Maybe.. Realistically there should be one of these guys who turns into an okay player, but it's even tough to say that considering collectively, the best school that has offered any of these players is DePaul.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Lol their recruitment has exploded with no offers or visits!
I feel like some of these writers and reporters say things like this about Iowa's basketball recruits in order to lead their fans astray as to what is really going on. Iowa fans that don't follow recruiting or those that don't do actual research, will look at this thinking this is some sort of recruiting victory.

Gary Dolphin had the balls to actually say something about it and was reprimanded so maybe Fran has similar pull with the reporters as well.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

2015 - Moss had a Hoiberg offer plus Auburn. Wagner had a Minnesota offer. Fleming originally had some P5 offers and Hutton had an offer from Wisconsin and West Virginia

2014 - Uhl and Dickerson had quite a few P5 offers and Ellingson had a Mizzou offer

This truly is historic. Like not trolling I guarantee this hasn't been done at a major conference program before

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
2015 - Moss had a Hoiberg offer plus Auburn. Wagner had a Minnesota offer. Fleming originally had some P5 offers and Hutton had an offer from Wisconsin and West Virginia

2014 - Uhl and Dickerson had quite a few P5 offers and Ellingson had a Mizzou offer

This truly is historic. Like not trolling I guarantee this hasn't been done at a major conference program before
Yes.. This class truly takes the cake as far as bad classes go. Those classes listed above were definitely not good and honestly this 2020 class looks to be not just worse than those two, but much worse.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yes.. This class truly takes the cake as far as bad classes go. Those classes listed above were definitely not good and honestly this 2020 class looks to be not just worse than those two, but much worse.

I didn't think it was possible for Fran to do worse than those two classes so kudos to him for proving me wrong

• Funny
Reactions: g4ce

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
The Fran Strategy has become painfully (to the hoks) clear...Tank the recruiting classes so that the two Fran juniors are viewed as the big fish in the small pond, cementing their legacy in hok history. Why else would you do this?

And for those wondering, in no way would Mrs. Fran ever let her kids be taken off of scholarship.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
The Fran Strategy has become painfully (to the hoks) clear...Tank the recruiting classes so that the two Fran juniors are viewed as the big fish in the small pond, cementing their legacy in hok history. Why else would you do this?

And for those wondering, in no way would Mrs. Fran ever let her kids be taken off of scholarship.

Putting himself in a position to get his buyout?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

And this is with only one son playing up to this point. It's hard to believe Fran's recruiting could get worse, but it's a distinct possibility.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
And this is with only one son playing up to this point. It's hard to believe Fran's recruiting could get worse, but it's a distinct possibility.
Let this sink in for the hok fans perusing this thread...you will have Fran on the sidelines and two Fran juniors on the court...fully 50% of the coach/on court players will be Fran's.

What could go wrong...

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum