2019 Fantasy Football

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'm projected to lose one of my matchups this week by 0.08 points.

It's up to Le'Veon Bell and Jamison Crowder vs. New England tonight. I'm not very confident...

PPR league? Crowder is a target and reception monster with Darnold back at QB. Totally possible he puts up a line like 7/60. Nothing great, but probably useful. And Bell will likely be a good checkdown option out of the backfield.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I'm projected to lose one of my matchups this week by 0.08 points.

It's up to Le'Veon Bell and Jamison Crowder vs. New England tonight. I'm not very confident...

I've got Bell and Michel yet tonight yet being down by 25, So..... your saying there's a chance?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Missed PAT -2
Missed FG 0-39 yards -1

Oof. The two point penalty for a missed PAT is brutal. Tough call. I guess I'd just keep an eye on the forecast and make it a game time decision. If conditions are good and you might need the points down the road then it's a small risk and probably worth it. Even if Nugent misses one or two kicks he'll probably make one or two to offset the misses. But if it's slippery field conditions or there are swirling winds or anything like that you might just leave the spot open and take the W.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Oof. The two point penalty for a missed PAT is brutal. Tough call. I guess I'd just keep an eye on the forecast and make it a game time decision. If conditions are good and you might need the points down the road then it's a small risk and probably worth it. Even if Nugent misses one or two kicks he'll probably make one or two to offset the misses. But if it's slippery field conditions or there are swirling winds or anything like that you might just leave the spot open and take the W.

I already benched him. I've been without Saquon the past 3 weeks and have emerged with a 3-3 record, this win would put me at 4-3. I'm just going to remove all doubt and take the W. If Nugent's performance tonight is the difference between me getting a playoff spot and not, we'll know I was wrong.

Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I crawled across the finish line with a four point win. Going into last night I had Gallup and Jeffrey going and my opponent had Philly's defense and kicker. So it wasn't so much of a slugfest as it was a slap fight, but hey...a win is a win.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
This year has been brutal for injuries. I’m in two leagues and have been hit by

Brees x2
Barkley x2
Darnold
Fuller
Breida
D. Jackson
J. Gordon
Gallman
Njoku

And it seems like every other dude I drafted has an early bye week.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I was ready to call my team. MASH'd Taters.

Tyreke Hill was out for 4 weeks
Brees still out
Engram was out a week
Tyrelle Williams has been out a few weeks now.
I had drafted K'neal Harry for a keeper for next year and he went on IR right before the season started.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I was ready to call my team. MASH'd Taters.

Tyreke Hill was out for 4 weeks
Brees still out
Engram was out a week
Tyrelle Williams has been out a few weeks now.
I had drafted K'neal Harry for a keeper for next year and he went on IR right before the season started.

So, I noticed Sam Darnold available on the waiver wire this morning. I have Matt Ryan and Carson Wentz. Thinking of dropping Ryan for Darnold. Ryan has been pretty good in garbage time but he just got injured yesterday and he has a bye week coming up. I looked at their schedules and Darnold has a much more favorable lineup: after the Pats tonight he plays @ JAX, @ MIA, the Giants, @ WSH, Raiders, @ CIN and the Dolphins again. Am I putting too much stock in his game against the Cowboys last week or is he the real deal with a tissue soft stretch of games coming up?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I had the points lead until this week in my league. I think I might have just set the record for the lowest points scored in this leagues history this week.

Fuller 1.6
Kerryon Johnson 2.3
Evan Ingram 1.6
Singeltary 2.6

Had Godwin, Smith-Schuster and Kamara all out for me this week either on byes or injured.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
So, I noticed Sam Darnold available on the waiver wire this morning. I have Matt Ryan and Carson Wentz. Thinking of dropping Ryan for Darnold. Ryan has been pretty good in garbage time but he just got injured yesterday and he has a bye week coming up. I looked at their schedules and Darnold has a much more favorable lineup: after the Pats tonight he plays @ JAX, @ MIA, the Giants, @ WSH, Raiders, @ CIN and the Dolphins again. Am I putting too much stock in his game against the Cowboys last week or is he the real deal with a tissue soft stretch of games coming up?

Never mind. I just decided to add Darnold now while I had the chance and I dropped the one crap TE on my roster. So now I just need to figure out how to move one of my three QBs for a decent TE1 before next weekend.

IndyClone15

Jan 28, 2019
Metropolis
I had the points lead until this week in my league. I think I might have just set the record for the lowest points scored in this leagues history this week.

Fuller 1.6
Kerryon Johnson 2.3
Evan Ingram 1.6
Singeltary 2.6

Had Godwin, Smith-Schuster and Kamara all out for me this week either on byes or injured.

I got 65 the last week of my season last year. I had my best players in.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
This was the first week that my team actually came close to the projected totals. Not sure how that is possible but I would be projected in the 130's every week and averaged in 110's.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
So I dropped Sony Michel after New England went with the Brady sneak on like the 1 yard line not just once, but twice last week. My opponent picked him up this week and he's within striking distance with Michel and Edelman. Imma throw a mega shitfit if New England gives Michel a single touch inside the 10 after the **** they pulled last week.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
My team is underperforming week in week out. I have Mixon and Julio and they both haven't done anything all season. On paper my team looks like I should dominate

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
So I dropped Sony Michel after New England went with the Brady sneak on like the 1 yard line not just once, but twice last week. My opponent picked him up this week and he's within striking distance with Michel and Edelman. Imma throw a mega shitfit if New England gives Michel a single touch inside the 10 after the **** they pulled last week.

Yikes! Not a good night for you then. I had Michel last year and never again will I own a Patriots running back. The way they spread the ball around is infuriating, sometimes I think Belichek does stuff like that on purpose just to mess with people.

I owned Brady for 5 years straight and he is almost as bad. He had many games the last 2 years where he would throw for 300 yards and 0 touchdowns. I dont know how many times he would throw it inside the 5 then use some random running back to take the touchdown. Getting 10-12 points from your QB every 2nd or 3rd week just wasnt cutting it anymore so I finally dropped him this year.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just saw where the Pats acquired Sanu from the Falcons. Seems they have pretty much given up hope on Gronk coming back anytime soon. But then again come playoff time, pretty sure Kraft will send a couple "massage ladies" over to him to see if he can make a playoff run for them.

BTW- Michel came through for me last night. Short yardage TDs work for me. He and Bell put up a combined 35 points and I needed 26 for the win, so I'll take it.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Yikes! Not a good night for you then. I had Michel last year and never again will I own a Patriots running back. The way they spread the ball around is infuriating, sometimes I think Belichek does stuff like that on purpose just to mess with people.

I owned Brady for 5 years straight and he is almost as bad. He had many games the last 2 years where he would throw for 300 yards and 0 touchdowns. I dont know how many times he would throw it inside the 5 then use some random running back to take the touchdown. Getting 10-12 points from your QB every 2nd or 3rd week just wasnt cutting it anymore so I finally dropped him this year.
I'm vowing to never again draft anyone from the New England Patriots of Foxborough, Massachusetts as long as Tom Brady and Billy B are still there.

Whatever. I'm gonna house the the 1st place team by 30 this week and everything will be fine.

• Agree
Reactions: cmjh10

IndyClone15

Jan 28, 2019
Metropolis
Two of the top three teams in my league were matched up against each other. #3 was up by .1 points with two minutes left. #2 had the Patriots defense. The Jets fumbling on the following punt won the game for #2.