Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I'm finally convinced that Fran is Rhoads 2.0. Has done a decent job, but he can't recruit at all.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Waterloo Dale might be my favorite nickname ever assigned to an Iowa player. I can't even explain exactly why, but it's just beautiful.
It does kind of roll off the tongue. Not unlike the ball would roll off Dale's foot.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
On 247 I added the two Murray kids to the class calculator. If I am reading it right the class score per recruit would be 30.78. Neither addition added in points to their class.

Is that possible?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
On 247 I added the two Murray kids to the class calculator. If I am reading it right the class score per recruit would be 30.78. Neither addition added in points to their class.

Is that possible?

It should subtract from their class honestly

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

The quality of in-state recruits hit a soft spot compared to prior years?

His tantrums and irate manner have become even more obvious and worse?

The obvious nepotism scaring decent recruits away from the program?

Carver-Hawkeye and their facilities keep falling further and further behind?

The Big Ten is stronger now than it was 4-5 years ago as a conference?

New coaches can sell hope and/or blame their predecessor. Fran might have been able to stretch that to its extreme because of the Lick disaster, but at this point, everything is squarely on him, so fans/the media/players are no longer giving him a chance.

Long tenure without any real or sustained success to point towards?

No networks into the NBA ranks with players and/or front office personnel?

Barta's mismanagement and various successful lawsuits for hostile work environments and discrimination are filtering themselves throughout the rest of the department?

Cocky, arrogant, dictatorial coach in a world where players want a more humble approach?

Boring style of play that becomes more and more antiquated each season?

There is probably a combination of factors. The above is just a list of ideas.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm finally convinced that Fran is Rhoads 2.0. Has done a decent job, but he can't recruit at all.
giphy.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Although quite obvious at this point, Sean Bock just switched his Jamari Sibley crystal ball from Iowa to Georgetown

Those Iowa 247 guys are optimistic until the very end. The Foster switch to cloudy or Iowa State probably won't be for at least two weeks

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014

Is that possible?

Only possible at Iowa

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Funny on the Kentucky POY He is barely a dingleberry on the tail of the dog when talking about basketball in the State of Kentucky. Probably not even good enough as a walk on at UK or even a waterboy!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Funny on the Kentucky POY He is barely a dingleberry on the tail of the dog when talking about basketball in the State of Kentucky. Probably not even good enough as a walk on at UK or even a waterboy!

He walked on at Iowa and the state of Kentucky didn't have a top 150 public school recruit that year