Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Yes. Just got back from Austin tonight beforer the storms hit. I think the tornado warning was around the downtown Dallas, so we just missed it.

So did you catch the FB game or go down to do other family stuff?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Yes. Just got back from Austin tonight beforer the storms hit. I think the tornado warning was around the downtown Dallas, so we just missed it.

there was another one up towards Richardson so that’s when my spidey senses went off.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
We've been every year for the last 5 or so. Its pretty cool and very kid friendly, not scary at all. They have a designated path roped out to follow with various vendors handing out candy and fliers/coupons along the way. They usually have some "professional" characters in high quality costumes there for pictures, it varies on the night, but there have been Marvel characters, Disney princesses, TMNT, Wizard of Oz, Star Warz. Some of the animals are "put away" for the season, but most are still out for viewing and there is a stop with all sorts of bouncy house stuff. The carousel is usually running, but I'm not sure about the train rides. It usually is pretty crowded, especially if the weather is nice, but once you get in its not so bad with the one-way path thats laid out. I just got word from the wife we are going this Sunday afternoon, so I'm hoping for decent weather.

A report from yesterday at the Blank Park Zoo Night Eyes event, it seemed a little down this year. There were not as many vendors handing out candy and they were confined to just a small part of the zoo instead of throughout. There were about 8-10 B-list Star Wars (can't believe I spelled that wrong in my post the other day) characters like storm troopers, tie fighter pilots and empire officers for pictures. The most major character was a larger Boba Fett, who my wife and I renamed Boba Fatt. There were only 2 bouncy houses this year too, one for younger kids and one for older/rowdier kids. It was kind of a letdown but the kids still had fun.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
A report from yesterday at the Blank Park Zoo Night Eyes event, it seemed a little down this year. There were not as many vendors handing out candy and they were confined to just a small part of the zoo instead of throughout. There were about 8-10 B-list Star Wars (can't believe I spelled that wrong in my post the other day) characters like storm troopers, tie fighter pilots and empire officers for pictures. The most major character was a larger Boba Fett, who my wife and I renamed Boba Fatt. There were only 2 bouncy houses this year too, one for younger kids and one for older/rowdier kids. It was kind of a letdown but the kids still had fun.

My only complaint about the candy is that they didn't seem to enforce a non-nut option or a teal colored bowl. Thankfully, there was enough further down the line it worked out.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
My only complaint about the candy is that they didn't seem to enforce a non-nut option or a teal colored bowl. Thankfully, there was enough further down the line it worked out.

They never have been good at the non-nut options in my years going, unfortunately. When were you guys there?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
story time

I put the camera down and we were celebrating like everyone else. Wxman was a dumb ass and jumped on his co-workers back push him against the railing. Thankfully it all worked out and we did not land on a sousaphone.

After that we chilled out some and decided to head down. Dropped our stuff in the office and went to the locker room.

My only regret from that night is that I didn't keep rolling after the final play. Since neither TV or OSU were up there that game only two of us had that view and it was awesome.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I really want this t-shirt...
71933273_135985237776883_222703550470291456_n.jpg

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I've REALLY pondered hard about getting a version of that shirt for my husband. Not sure if he would wear it to Thanksgiving at his mom's.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I've REALLY pondered hard about getting a version of that shirt for my husband. Not sure if he would wear it to Thanksgiving at his mom's.
I have this one already, on a kind of purplish brown background:
37809.jpg

I absolutely wore it for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. :D

Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I remember getting sandwiched between people as they rushed down to the field. My feet lost contact with the bleachers/concrete at one point.
We stayed in our seats and watched, loving every minute of the field rush. If we had joined in it probably would have resulted in a Randy for me. After the stands were more emptied, we wandered onto the field and down to where we could get a good shot of the scoreboard.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
It's crazy to think that game was 8 years ago. I'm one of the younger members here, but it is weird to think I was still in grade school when that game took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.