Vikings fans...

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Didn't hear one talking head talk about Cousins salary on Sunday. Maybe Zim has figured out that you didn't pay all that money to hand the ball off 70% of the time.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Didn't hear one talking head talk about Cousins salary on Sunday. Maybe Zim has figured out that you didn't pay all that money to hand the ball off 70% of the time.
Eagle's secondary was pretty non-existent, so I don't read much into his performance. That said, the offense was called and ran excellently Sunday. Philly struggled to contain play action, and Cousin was absolute money with almost all of his throws. The offense was balanced and executed at a great level, as it should be... and that starts with Stefanski calling plays. That may have been his best OC game of his career.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Eagle's secondary was pretty non-existent, so I don't read much into his performance. That said, the offense was called and ran excellently Sunday. Philly struggled to contain play action, and Cousin was absolute money with almost all of his throws. The offense was balanced and executed at a great level, as it should be... and that starts with Stefanski calling plays. That may have been his best OC game of his career.
Which means our next game is going to be sh*t.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Which means our next game is going to be sh*t.
Distinct possibility, but at worst, I'm hopeful that DET won't be able to contain Cook. That is one thing PHI did fairly well, they kept the run game in check... but they had to sell out most of their defense to do it. Any game that Cook takes over is a winnable game.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer and JM4CY

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Another good performance today by Cousins and Cook.
Terry Bradshaw with great halftime commentary letting us know Cousins is making $84 million-GUARANTEED! Really Terry?

• Funny
Reactions: demoncore1031

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'm not taking anything for granted. I'm liking what I'm seeing, though. Take care of business at home on Thursday, and you're sitting at 6-2 halfway through the season. That's acceptable.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I'm not taking anything for granted. I'm liking what I'm seeing, though. Take care of business at home on Thursday, and you're sitting at 6-2 halfway through the season. That's acceptable.
Defense can get a little leaky at times. I like the way the offense has been playing though.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Pissed off with a chip on his shoulder Cousins is my favorite Cousins.
If you were from West Virginia your favorite cousins would be the ones that put out.

Good win for the Vikes today. I like the way the offenses is starting to come together and play a balanced game. Thielen and Diggs stirring things up seemed to light a fire under Cousins.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Cousins last 3 weeks or so has been fantastic, playing at a very high level. This is the potential they paid for, just need to keep seeing more of it. It was encouraging to see him continue to grind and perform with Theilen sidelined.

If anything needs to step up right now, it's actually the defense -- CBs in particular seem to be either getting burned or flagged a lot.

*Vikings do still need to clean up turnovers, though. They gave up zero today, but did put the ball on the ground twice -- the bounces just happened to go their way... this time. Surprisingly, both fumbles came after receptions -- not on Cousins or the run game.

Last edited:

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Cousins last 3 weeks or so has been fantastic, playing at a very high level. This is the potential they paid for, just need to keep seeing more of it. It was encouraging to see him continue to grind and perform with Theilen sidelined.

If anything needs to step up right now, it's actually the defense -- CBs in particular seem to be either getting burned or flagged a lot.

*Vikings do still need to clean up turnovers, though. They gave up zero today, but did put the ball on the ground twice -- the bounces just happened to go their way... this time. Surprisingly, both fumbles came after receptions -- not on Cousins or the run game.

Giants
Eagles
Lions

That gets less impressive every week. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for the Vikings and I think Detroit was the best team they've faced thus far (despite a 2-3-1 record), but Cousins should be playing at this level against that level of competition. Short week and get to play against a team vying for the #1 overall pick, and then play Kansas City the following week without their MVP. The Vikings, and the entire NFC North for that matter, really lucked out with their out of division schedules - there appear to be only 3 games the rest of the way where the Vikings would be considered an underdog or the game is a toss-up:
Week 10 @ Dallas
Week 13 @ Seattle
Week 16 v Green Bay

• Optimistic

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Giants
Eagles
Lions

That gets less impressive every week. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for the Vikings and I think Detroit was the best team they've faced thus far (despite a 2-3-1 record), but Cousins should be playing at this level against that level of competition. Short week and get to play against a team vying for the #1 overall pick, and then play Kansas City the following week without their MVP. The Vikings, and the entire NFC North for that matter, really lucked out with their out of division schedules - there appear to be only 3 games the rest of the way where the Vikings would be considered an underdog or the game is a toss-up:
Week 10 @ Dallas
Week 13 @ Seattle
Week 16 v Green Bay
I love the way we are playing and beating Detroit on the road is a solid win but I agree. I need to see us beat a good team before I get too excited.

• Optimistic

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
The disparity in what you get from Cousins is incredible. Play like he has the last two weeks, his salary is justified. If I am playing the vikings, I make sure cousins gets pressured 100% of the time, whatever it takes.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Giants
Eagles
Lions

Week 10 @ Dallas
Week 13 @ Seattle
Week 16 v Green Bay
Are you sure about that? All Vikings fans have heard since about mid-last season is how terrible Cousins is. ;)

He can and will tear up bad defenses, when given the ability to do so. The kicker is that the schemes they run are actually giving him the chance to. He has some time to throw now and isn't getting pressured/hit every dropback. On top of beating bad defenses, Cousins has also been making throws into tiny windows and hitting covered receivers at times. He's taking risks and capitalizing instead of largely failing. There's a lot of progression here game-to-game that isn't seen in the highlight reels.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Giants
Eagles
Lions

Week 10 @ Dallas
Week 13 @ Seattle
Week 16 v Green Bay

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...akes-very-specific-history-but-still-history/

You can question the competition, but the production he's strung together over the last 3 weeks would be very good for any quarterback, regardless of the competition.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...akes-very-specific-history-but-still-history/

You can question the competition, but the production he's strung together over the last 3 weeks would be very good for any quarterback, regardless of the competition.

Yes, but Kirk Cousins has statistically been very very good against bad defenses for his whole career. I don't think the Eagles, Giants, or Lions will be an above .500 teams this year. Need a bigger sample size against better competition before we call him a good to great QB.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Yes, but Kirk Cousins has statistically been very very good against bad defenses for his whole career. I don't think the Eagles, Giants, or Lions will be an above .500 teams this year. Need a bigger sample size against better competition before we call him a good to great QB.
Well, most QBs won't be "good" against good defenses... that's what makes them good defenses. Kirk's biggest problem has seemed to be him basically being the anti-clutch when it matters most, regardless of previous stats. If he can avoid throwing away games on his own accord, he can succeed with the rest of the Vikings D (and run game) around him. Hell, the threat of the run game now is what makes a lot of his PA magic possible. Has he ever had a run game as good as the Vikings this season before?

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Xavier Rhodes trade value is plummeting after watching him get destroyed trying to cover receivers in the 1st half against the Redskins.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: moores2

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron