Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Currently, Iowa's roster is made up of 56% former Barnstormer players.. and they're adding two more next year.

Not a program you want yourself associated with either at the moment but that's a different story.

My source by the way is actually happy about this because he believes it will finally get the fans to turn on him. He can't stand him. No way to spin this as anything but a major failure

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not a program you want yourself associated with either at the moment but that's a different story.

My source by the way is actually happy about this because he believes it will finally get the fans to turn on him. He can't stand him. No way to spin this as anything but a major failure
I've been told that this is the year Fran's seat gets extremely hot. If Iowa doesn't have a good season, next year he'll be coaching for his job.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I've been told that this is the year Fran's seat gets extremely hot. If Iowa doesn't have a good season, next year he'll be coaching for his job.

I hope you're wrong. The problem with these additions is everyone knows they suck because their local kids. It'd be different if they were from out of state so you can spin it but most Iowa fans have seen these two up close and know they're not scholarship worthy players

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy and CycloneVet

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I hope you're wrong. The problem with these additions is everyone knows they suck because their local kids. It'd be different if they were from out of state so you can spin it but most Iowa fans have seen these two up close and know they're not scholarship worthy players

Soft and not athletic fits the profile.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy and CycloneVet

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I hope I'm wrong too.. I love Fran and love the excuses Iowa fans make for him every year. Lol and yes, these twins (although nice kids), not only aren't Big 10 caliber players, they aren't even Missouri Valley caliber players.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Currently, Iowa's roster is made up of 56% former Barnstormer players.. and they're adding two more next year.

Iowa hasn’t had a lot of success, but they’re actually very lucky for the little success they’ve had.

They would be Lickliter bad without a few unheralded recruits being much better than expected and talented legacy or tavernhawks coming through, and essentially no early departures before this year

• Useful
Reactions: Humanjukebox

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I'm already seeing posts saying how much they improved at the prep school. That will be the spin.

Oh and Auburn was sniffing around lol

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Some hawk fans are saying Fran could take one or both Fran Jrs off scholarship.
They've got all sorts of scenarios worked out.
Seems that Pemsl grad transferring is basically a given.
JBo will play this year.
Both McCaffs going off scholarship
Riley Till going off scholarship

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I've never even heard of that prep school and lol on Auburn
Bock seems to think some P5 offers were/are coming. Even if that is true, and it might be, I'd bet those are all Spring offers. No decent P5 is signing these guys in the Fall. You wait to see how they look after the winter, and if they have improved, you offer them.
They are still 6'8", so on paper they could be decent prospects.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
giphy.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa hasn’t had a lot of success, but they’re actually very lucky for the little success they’ve had.

They would be Lickliter bad without a few unheralded recruits being much better than expected and talented legacy or tavernhawks coming through, and essentially no early departures before this year
They no doubt could have had some worse years than they've had. Just look at last year, they were a couple prayer shots away from not making the NCAA tournament. They for sure hit their peak. I don't see one of these recruits making any sort of significant impact. You could be looking at one of the least athletic P5 teams in the nation for next year and even the year after.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

And a couple of really down years for the B1G...

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I looked at their roster & couldn't recognize very many of them. Who the heck is Vanderloo, Hobbs, Ash, Baer 2.0 ??? I know we have walk-ons - but these guys are supplementing Till, Kreiner, Frederick, Nunge, C Mac, & Pemsl. That is BAAAAAD!! Wieskamp & Garza actually can play B1G ball, but other than that....???