****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Yeah, but just how much playing time will he get. Cook was often subbed out by Kriener or Till or some other 6'-8" walk-on. TC should have been playing more minutes in many of the Hok games.
That's the danger for XF going to TOE - he may even start, but there is no guarantee that he will get more minutes than Nunge, Till, Patrick, etc (even if XF deserved them). At ISU, if XF starts / gets significant minutes it will be due to the coaches actually developing the young man and giving him the opportunity to "beat out" high-level competition in practice.
Definitely a concern of any top recruit that would choose Iowa.

Sure, you’re nearly guaranteed to start, but Fran is known for line change substitutions in which Missouri Valley level guys get nearly equal PT.

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel and Acylum

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Offers came for them in 2020. Source is solid and heard it's because they know they are out on Foster but I guess they could pull his kids off scholarship and play 15 guys

https://247sports.com/player/kris-murray-46094926/

https://247sports.com/player/keegan-murray-46094925/
Is this any worse than what they’ve typically been getting? Isn’t this pretty standard for Iowa recruiting? Give Fran credit, it’s not easy to have any success at Iowa, and he’s at least made the tournament once or twice.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Is this any worse than what they’ve typically been getting? Isn’t this pretty standard for Iowa recruiting? Give Fran credit, it’s not easy to have any success at Iowa, and he’s at least made the tournament once or twice.

Iowa's going to take a 4 person class that didn't have a single major conference offer. I'm assuming that's never been done by a major conference program before

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
They seemed pretty optimistic on the Ogundele kid as well as Sibley both of those ships must have sailed as well : )

Sibley isn't going to Iowa. That's for sure. If they take both these kids I don't know how they would take anyone else. I don't know their scholarship situation but 5 open doesn't seem to make sense

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Sibley isn't going to Iowa. That's for sure. If they take both these kids I don't know how they would take anyone else. I don't know their scholarship situation but 5 open doesn't seem to make sense

You are doing God's work, @CyTwins. I will try to help out a little here.

According to this site...

https://www.goiowaawesome.com/iowa-hawkeyes-basketball/scholarship-grid

upload_2019-10-20_22-52-49.png

If they are taking five for next year then they are +1. That is pretty tight. I do not know how they could be holding one for Sibley or Foster if that is the case.

What happened to our favorite Lolcow redshirting for next year, too?