Big 12 Championship Game Projection

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Baylor losing 3 games (OU, TEX, and a slip up somewhere else) is pretty conceivable. Baylor losing 4 is a long shot.
Baylor has no impact on our results the rest of the season. I'm saying I thought there would be less disparity in our chances of going 9-3 vs 8-4. It basically boils down to the TX game if everything else goes chalk.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Baylor has no impact on our results the rest of the season. I'm saying I thought there would be less disparity in our chances of going 9-3 vs 8-4. It basically boils down to the TX game if everything else goes chalk.

I misunderstood your post - thought you meant chances for getting into the champ game at those records. Makes sense after reading it again.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
It's looking more and more like that debacle in Waco in 140 degree heat with no tents is going to haunt us all year.
I’m really not a fan of that excuse. Why did our offense wake up in the 4th quarter when the heat was at it’s worst and we had spent the previous 2 and a half hours in that heat? It just didn’t seem like the team was ready to play in their first true road game of the season.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
With that said, I just don’t see Texas winning in Waco, but at the same time, I don’t see the Longhorns winning in Ames either. Pretty much the only hope is at TCU and I just don’t see that.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I’m really not a fan of that excuse. Why did our offense wake up in the 4th quarter when the heat was at it’s worst and we had spent the previous 2 and a half hours in that heat? It just didn’t seem like the team was ready to play in their first true road game of the season.

I'm not sure this is accurate. Baylor was in the shade for most of the game while Iowa State was in the sun. Around the start of the 4th the whole field was shaded.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL

I was there and when the shadow from the press box started covering the field in the 3rd quarter and completely in the 4th, the temp on the field dropped a lot.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

This.

The tent thing was garbage but scheme and fundamentals did ISU in that day.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Fellas what about an ISU/Baylor CCG? Think about it. We would have the WORLD cheering for us!
You just rocked my assumptions. I’ve been viewing this entire season through the lens that assumes OU is truly a Top 5 team. What if they’re actually a pretender and they just haven’t played anyone yet?
They still have BU and ISU. If we win out, there’s an excellent chance that we DO get a rematch with Baylor in the CCG.

packattack425

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 25, 2010
Des Moines
What happens in a Texas/Baylor/ISU tie for second?

Losses
Baylor- Texas and OU
ISU- OU and Baylor
Texas - OU and ISU

cuphues

Aug 5, 2011
Dallas

I was at the game. When we scored 3 unanswered TD’s, it coincided exactly with the bench getting shade for the first time in entire game at the start of the 4th quarter. That heat was brutal. Now, no one can definitively say this was truly because the temperature dropped from 140 degrees to the low 90’s. However, if you ask me my opinion of the impact of that, you would be a fool to not to believe it did not contribute to the comeback. We just ran out of gas due to the cumulative effect of the heat for the first 3 quarters. We had shade the entire 4th quarter and it showed. Line these 2 teams up again in Waco and I think we win by 2 TD’s.

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006

Losses
Baylor- Texas and OU
ISU- OU and Baylor
Texas - OU and ISU

Need Baylor to lose to Texas by more than we beat Texas to eliminate them from the 3 way tie (scoring margin amongst games between the 3 teams). It would then leave us and Texas, which we would win via head to head matchup.

Reactions: VeloClone

benman82

Nov 17, 2009
After needing a last second field goal to beat KU I can't see Texas winning out. All the computer rankings have Baylor and ISU around 15-20th nationally with Texas further back.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Losses
Baylor- Texas and OU
ISU- OU and Baylor
Texas - OU and ISU
I know that have one in their pocket but I have a really tough time thinking OU beats tx, bu AND us.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Need Baylor to lose to Texas by more than we beat Texas to eliminate them from the 3 way tie (scoring margin amongst games between the 3 teams). It would then leave us and Texas, which we would win via head to head matchup.

What?

If we beat Texas by 60 points you're saying Baylor needs to lose to Texas by 61 points? If that's the case we'd want to only beat Texas by 1 point.