Breece Hall Blocking and physical running.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
What is with CMC having these insane players that come in around game 4 and are pretty much our best players. last year it was Purdy. This year Hall. It is pretty awesome that we have these players, but just like last year, why wait till week 4 or or 5 to bring these guys out!! Just like last year, we destroy Iowa if you play these guys right away. Now I have to sit hear and listen to hawk fans talk about how they beat us when we are clearly the better team...
Freshmen have to develop as players and develop the trust of the staff. It's not rocket surgery.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
My completely premature comparison is Terrell Davis. One cut and go type of guy, physical runner, can catch it and is a willing blocker. Not a make you miss in a phone booth guy, but enough to turn a form tackle into an arm tackle, most of which he breaks.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Just want to recall this post of mine from the UNI game thread.
I think I said something about BH going down on first contact against UNI. I also remember the announcers saying that Breece missed some opportunities to bounce the run outside in our early games.

Breece looks like a completely different RB in the last 2 games. I agree with others that his running style is closer to ARob than DM. But looks like he can catch the ball as well DM. We will have to see if defenses change things up against him now that the secret is out.

• Agree
Reactions: TedKumsher

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
What is with CMC having these insane players that come in around game 4 and are pretty much our best players. last year it was Purdy. This year Hall. It is pretty awesome that we have these players, but just like last year, why wait till week 4 or or 5 to bring these guys out!! Just like last year, we destroy Iowa if you play these guys right away. Now I have to sit hear and listen to hawk fans talk about how they beat us when we are clearly the better team...
He got 11 carries in Game 1 (Lang had 14). It’s not like he didn’t get an early opportunity, he just wasn’t as good and needed more time to adjust. Against Baylor and Iowa no running back got much of a chance imo. Lang was getting the job done against ULM and TCU.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Everyone thought Breece was going to be a stud. It's been the rumor for 6 months.

I once predicted that if the tight ends got more targets, that their production in the offense would go up. Feels good to look like a geneous.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think I said something about BH going down on first contact against UNI. I also remember the announcers saying that Breece missed some opportunities to bounce the run outside in our early games.

Breece looks like a completely different RB in the last 2 games. I agree with others that his running style is closer to ARob than DM. But looks like he can catch the ball as well DM. We will have to see if defenses change things up against him now that the secret is out.

He left yards on the field on several plays against West Virginia, but not against Texas Tech. Adding that extra effort when it looks like the play may be ending really paid off for him.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Agreed. Fire CMC for making true freshman show consistency in practice first before using them. You want to see the transfer portal light up??? Just bring in untested freshmen and put them with the ones immediately. Let the man coach.

Campbell also mentioned something about Hall needing to get used to being a college student etc. so apparently he just has expectations beyond the football field too.

And this is not a knock on Hall, just what CMC went with. The intensity of college classes can suck for a freshman and getting into that rhythm can take some time (like for some of us that liked some freshman classes so much, we took them again!).

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I once predicted that if the tight ends got more targets, that their production in the offense would go up. Feels good to look like a geneous.

Agreed and if you put gas in a car the gas gauge will go up. Sorry, don't take offense. It's a boring Sunday and a work day tomorrow.
giphy.webp

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
https://247sports.com/Article/Breec...ng-back-True-Freshman-of-the-Week--137264428/

"Breece, man, he’s electric,” Iowa State quarterback Brock Purdy said to Cyclones247. “He runs hard. He has great vision. When I hand the ball off to him, man, he makes things happen.”

Hall made plays all day in Iowa State’s 34-24 win over Texas Tech. The Kansas native rushed for 183 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries to go along with three catches for 73 yards. In a week of stellar freshmen performances – Purdue wide receiver David Bell was a monster – Hall stood out. It’s why he’s the 247Sports True Freshman of the Week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayshellberg

BirdDog

May 23, 2011
Watching Hall run, reminds me of David Johnson when UNI came into Jack Trice and upset us twice. Johnson, I think is still playing for the Arizona Cardinals but his running style - lanky, deceptive speed and able to break arm tackles is the same.