**2019 College Football**

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
True enough. I'm admittedly a hypocrite. I think it is worth making fun of Texas for doing it. Yet, if I were a Texas fan, I wouldn't have a problem with it. And I don't have a problem with Iowa State doing it.

For the record I'm not saying fans shouldn't think it's a bad look or that the players maybe also shouldn't hold themselves to a higher standard, and often, they do.

But sometimes when you're on any level of sports and you have your back against the wall, just coming out with the win is still a thrill and college kids are just that and nothing more even though us idiot fans tend to think of it differently.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
The Gophers won their noncon games (SDak St, @ Fresno St, and Ga Southern) by an average of 4 points. Their average margin of victory so far in conference games is 23 points. That's a pretty good indicator of how crappy b1g football is.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Do we really want Michigan going through a coaching search?

You honestly don't understand just how much Harbaugh has the UM's big money donors in his pocket. The average Walmart Wolverine may want him fired, but the people with the real money love him, which means he's not going anywhere.

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
During the break between the 3rd & 4th quarter at the Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern game both teams started dancing in what the announcers called a dance off.
Naturally the refs decided to start throwing flags. Can't even let the guys have some fun

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
During the break between the 3rd & 4th quarter at the Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern game both teams started dancing in what the announcers called a dance off.
Naturally the refs decided to start throwing flags. Can't even let the guys have some fun

Wow. Bunch of fun haters.

At least I’m assuming it’s offsetting penalties and neither team was negatively affected by it.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
You honestly don't understand just how much Harbaugh has the UM's big money donors in his pocket. The average Walmart Wolverine may want him fired, but the people with the real money love him, which means he's not going anywhere.
Why should he? No fan of Michigan, but it was obvious they were the better team yesterday. Mich dominated the entire second half.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Why should he? No fan of Michigan, but it was obvious they were the better team yesterday. Mich dominated the entire second half.

Because Harbaugh was brought in to, at minimum, get Michigan to Indianapolis, win Big 10 championships, make the Rose Bowl, and perhaps even make the playoff (something their primary rivals have already done).

Since his hiring:

0 trips to Indy

0 Big 10 Championships

0 Rose Bowls

0 trips to the playoffs

He's 2-6 against his primary rivals (Michigan St and Ohio St) and 0-4 against Ohio St.

It's only in his failures in meeting expectations that his expectations have been retconned (not even changed - retconned, as in, people are pretending that the initial expectations weren't what they were).

As a previous poster said, you're exhibiting "Dan McCarneyism". It's one thing to apply it to ISU where there's virtually no football history. You don't get to apply it to a program like Michigan which has a history of championships.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
As a previous poster said, you're exhibiting "Dan McCarneyism". It's one thing to apply it to ISU where there's virtually no football history. You don't get to apply it to a program like Michigan which has a history of championships.
Michigan's last Big 10 title was 15 years ago...
Harbaugh is in year 5, the program now is a huge leap from the Hoke and Rodriguez years.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Michigan's last Big 10 title was 15 years ago...
Harbaugh is in year 5, the program now is a huge leap from the Hoke and Rodriguez years.

Michigan fans don’t care about that. They are delusional in general but I do notice the “OSU is on another level that we can’t attain” mindset starting to become more prevalent.