MLB: ***Official MLB Postseason Thread***

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I am not exactly a baseball purist and not a Red Sox fan by any means but it seems almost a high level crime to if your not joking to call Fenway not a legit ballpark. That place is one of the greatest sports venues in all of America. Up there with JTS of course.
Well according to the post I quoted 314 isn't a legit field so the 300 or whatever to the pesky pole must really be a joke of a park.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Poor Yankee$. They spend all those millions only to lose to another big money team who could actually pitch, hit with men on base, and catch the ball.
Hope the Yankee fans keep practicing their Uber chants.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Poor Yankee$. They spend all those millions only to lose to another big money team who could actually pitch, hit with men on base, and catch the ball.
FWIW pitching wasn't an issue at all for the Yankees in the postseason. It was the best it has been all year sans Adam Ottavino struggling. Neither team hit worth a **** with runners on base so you don't know what you're talking about.

Someday maybe the Twins will be able to compete with the big boys.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Also, holy **** are there some good pitchers in the World Series. Scherzer/Sanchez/Strasburg vs Cole/Verlander/Greinke? Yes please!

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
FWIW pitching wasn't an issue at all for the Yankees in the postseason. It was the best it has been all year sans Adam Ottavino struggling. Neither team hit worth a **** with runners on base so you don't know what you're talking about....

LOL. You must be only talking about the two games the Yankee$ managed to win.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

This Yankees team had more in grown talent than most great Yankee teams of the past. Now, in a few years it will be different when all this young talent needs paid. Still, glad to see the Yankees lose.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
When Oakland got bounced after their anemic performance against the Rays, my wish was for a Washington/Houston World Series. I didn't figure that stood a chance in hell of happening, but here we are. I have affection for both teams (mostly due to past players), so don't necessarily feel like I'll be unhappy either way. If I *had* to choose a personal favorite, it would be for the Nats to win for two reasons: A) this franchise has never achieved squat in the post-season and is kind of fun to see a city and the fans rewarded for patience (usually), and B) all those years with Bryce Harper and it was a first-round exit if they made the playoffs at all. Now that Harper is gone, lookee who's in the WS. :cool:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
When Oakland got bounced after their anemic performance against the Rays, my wish was for a Washington/Houston World Series. I didn't figure that stood a chance in hell of happening, but here we are. I have affection for both teams (mostly due to past players), so don't necessarily feel like I'll be unhappy either way. If I *had* to choose a personal favorite, it would be for the Nats to win for two reasons: A) this franchise has never achieved squat in the post-season and is kind of fun to see a city and the fans rewarded for patience (usually), and B) all those years with Bryce Harper and it was a first-round exit if they made the playoffs at all. Now that Harper is gone, lookee who's in the WS. :cool:

Well, the odds were in favor of half of your preferred WS. On paper the Astros were the best team in the AL. The Nationals over the Dodgers is the only surprise part. After that they were the NL fav IMHO. Should be interesting pitching match ups with both teams sort of built for series play. Of course that means it will likely turn into a slug-fest or something! Okay, I actually doubt that part.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
74444332_10219290593929356_3968852804331634688_o.jpg

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Even though one of my favorite players is the Little Big Man Altuve, I'm rooting for the Nationals. I'd love to see Suzuki and Dozier have big plays on the way to their first title.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wow. Was not expecting that He Who Shall Not Be Beaten is getting beaten. :eek:

Maybe the Nats ARE this years magic team.

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
Love the approach at the plate by Juan Soto tonight. Not trying to do too much, many players would roll that slider into a 4-3 out instead of an oppo 2 run double.

Help Support Us

Become a patron