Breece Hall Blocking and physical running.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
What is with CMC having these insane players that come in around game 4 and are pretty much our best players. last year it was Purdy. This year Hall. It is pretty awesome that we have these players, but just like last year, why wait till week 4 or or 5 to bring these guys out!! Just like last year, we destroy Iowa if you play these guys right away. Now I have to sit hear and listen to hawk fans talk about how they beat us when we are clearly the better team...

CMC alluded last week to Hall needing to keep up the work and practice habits. There's exceptions and CMC has played guys like Mike Rose out of the gate because they earned it, but it takes a long while to get the physical and mental habits needed to get rolling in a college system.

Let's be excited that it's happening in the most important part of the season instead of in some meaningless rivalry game.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Only able to see the highlights but whooo he's smooth in the open. And his acceleration out of contact is tough.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Because they are all true freshman who were probably not ready week 1.

Campbell seems to have a talent for bringing guys along and putting them in positions to excel in big ways. Plus he gave every upperclassman ample opportunities to take the spot. Nobody in the running back room has any reason to feel slighted they had their chances and plenty of them.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
What is with CMC having these insane players that come in around game 4 and are pretty much our best players. last year it was Purdy. This year Hall. It is pretty awesome that we have these players, but just like last year, why wait till week 4 or or 5 to bring these guys out!! Just like last year, we destroy Iowa if you play these guys right away. Now I have to sit hear and listen to hawk fans talk about how they beat us when we are clearly the better team...
Agreed. Fire CMC for making true freshman show consistency in practice first before using them. You want to see the transfer portal light up??? Just bring in untested freshmen and put them with the ones immediately. Let the man coach.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Hard to believe how complete he is for a Freshman. He can block, catch, run guys over, and run away from everyone. Kind of reminds me of an A-rob, but with a lot higher ceiling.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Y’know, I’ll be watching to see when his cousin, Davenport Central’s Roger Craig, weighs in. Craig was a really good back, and he was great at catching passes out of the backfield.

Er, for the 49ers. Distinctly not for Tom Osborne’s Cornhuskers.

• Informative
Reactions: StLouisClone

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Yeah, that was a crazy good catch, especially for a non-wide receiver, and for some reason it just got completely glossed over by the announcers.

I thought he dropped it. It wasn't a good pass and it looked like it went over his head, but then he just kept running. Kid's a do it all stud and will be a big reason as to why we'll continue to win games.

Reactions: Montgomery-Magic

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Well. Let’s see if he can bump those totals up a little the next few games.
Ya he only had 183 yards. He's got a long ways to go to match Davis' single game record. (jimlad, but serious as a heart attack)

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Ya he only had 183 yards. He's got a long ways to go to match Davis' single game record. (jimlad, but serious as a heart attack)
I was actually thinking about just how bad defenses like OSU and KU’s are the remainder of the season. I don’t think he’s going to catch Warren’s freshman season total.

Yesterday Whitver was trying to put a damper on the “Breece will break records” talk by saying, “How quickly people forget Troy Davis”.

True, but Troy really only played two seasons, languishing on the bench as a freshman and then leaving early. Formidable numbers, but not insurmountable.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
He is just a Freshman, and it generally takes any freshman a few weeks of playing games to get the feel for how fast the game is, and what it takes to be a quality player at this level. Campbell is correct in starting him out slowly, and then reading how well things are going. The Clemson QB and the QB at Alabama were treated the same way. Both sat and watched the first few games, Purdy played one series I think before the OSU game, it was only after Kemp told the coaches that Purdy was ready to play, that they let him really take the field and he has not looked back since then.

Patience is a virtue with young players, let not forget we also have another highly ranked freshman running back that hopefully we will red shirt and use both of them next season.

• Agree
Reactions: tolfbfan