Breece Hall Blocking and physical running.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Wow, what a performance. Hall has done a great job getting what the OL is providing and he’s got the speed to add on more past that. He looked like what I hoped Kene would become when watching him as a freshman in 2016.

The skill position pipelines are incredibly talented if everyone stays. Hall is an every down back, but Brock can really grind out yards imo. Kene will always be an asset with his speed to the edge (needs to work on his hands). I like what Glass adds, and Williams is as talented as anyone we have. Mitchell, is another weapon, albeit also a backup QB.

That doesn’t even include three very good TEs and Milton. I‘m confident a few of Scates, Shaw, Wilson, Akers, Porter, and others will step up to be good Big 12 receivers for Purdy.

Need the young OL members to keep improving.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes and Aclone

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Wow, what a performance. Hall has done a great job getting what the OL is providing and he’s got the speed to add on more past that. He looked like what I hoped Kene would become when watching him as a freshman in 2016.

The skill position pipelines are incredibly talented if everyone stays. Hall is an every down back, but Brock can really grind out yards imo. Kene will always be an asset with his speed to the edge (needs to work on his hands). I like what Glass adds, and Williams is as talented as anyone we have. Mitchell, is another weapon, albeit also a backup QB.

That doesn’t even include three very good TEs and Milton. I‘m confident a few of Scates, Shaw, Wilson, Akers, Porter, and others will step up to be good Big 12 receivers for Purdy.

Need the young OL members to keep improving.

Shaw is going to be really good.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Its only 2 games but this has the same feel when Montgomery took the job over from Warren. Struggled to find a consistent running game early that season too the DM made the most of his opportunities and took the job and seems like Hall is doing the same now.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Would have been my guess.

I’d also like to know who the two freshmen were with more rushing yards in a game. And how much lore, since Breece has a couple of chances to beat that.

Warren had 245 against Texas Tech as a freshman, and I believe that the top honor goes to Dave Hoppman with 271 yards against K State in 1961 (I'm not entirely sure that 61 was Hoppman's freshman year).

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I humble bragged last weel that I called Hall emerging in October I think after the UNI game (no, I'm not linking it).

Now I'm just owning that ****.
When I saw David Irving’s high school highlights, I said that with his frame and athleticism, he had a chance to leave ISU early to play in the NFL.

Well, he left ISU early. And he played in the NFL.

am I doing this right? :rolleyes:

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Mike Warren had 245 against Taco Tech and 195 against KSU as a freshman.
I thought Warren was going to win the heisman at some point. Lol. Not sure how his career went off the rails so much. Least he was a great teammate and leader.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
What I want to see next is Breece breezing away from some people.

giphy.gif

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone