Minnesota beats ISU (secret scrimmage)

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Going to need a lot more out of the guards if we want to make the tournament. It’s great to see Young and Conditt play well but if they are leading us in scoring, it probably won’t translate to many wins.

Haliburton and Bolton have to be better. Jackson needs to be a scorer off the bench.

Also, I’m not sure that Leech even suited up. I will never change my mind that Leech should redshirt. He’s way too gifted offensively to not even be in the picture and as of now, nobody is talking abou him. He spent time away from the team during the summer, didn’t play on the foreign trip, didn’t play today and he’s coming off a major injury. If this isn’t the perfect situation to redshirt a guy, we’ll never redshirt someone again.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Appears that Minnesota beat ISU in OT today 77-68.

Tough shooting day from ISU and got outrebounded by 11.

That just looks like a really ugly game all around. Gotta believe there was experimenting going on. It’s a coach’s best chance to try stuff against a different team without fear of consequences.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Can’t take too many conclusions from a scrimmage but I’m definitely a bit more interested to see how we do vs Wisconsin next week for comparison.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
giphy.gif