Where is Brocktember?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
OP has 18 posts. Waited two years since the last post . . . for this!

Dumb.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
While I actually agree that ISU wasn't exactly sharp coming out of the gates and let two games slip, watching the team ascend the past two weeks has been really fun and I feel like they're just getting started.

Way more fun than most Octobers for ISU football.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Campbell loves being the underdog so he purposely drops a game or two at the beginning to avoid being ranked.
Its hard to look like you improved over the season when you go 15-0.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
People will mock this, but I think it is a very fair question.

Sure, you can start the season slow every year and still get to 7 or 8 wins... which is historically a very good season for ISU.

However, if you want a shot to be in the Big 12 title game, or if you want to get to 9 or 10 wins sometime.... then you just simply cannot afford to start as slow as ISU has under CMC.

Our OL is now full of experienced guys.... so why should it still take them 4 games to finally start getting into form?? Why should our special teams make critical errors at the beginning of the year every season it seems? Not calling for a fair catch when fielding the kickoff on the 1 yd line probably cost us the Iowa game this year for example. That should almost be something that is a rule going into the season..... if you field the kickoff inside the 5 yd line, just call fair catch or something like that.

• Winner
Reactions: CycloneCJ

CycloneCJ

Jan 21, 2008
Plymouth, MN
Why should our special teams make critical errors at the beginning of the year every season it seems? Not calling for a fair catch when fielding the kickoff on the 1 yd line probably cost us the Iowa game this year for example. That should almost be something that is a rule going into the season..... if you field the kickoff inside the 5 yd line, just call fair catch or something like that.

This 1000%. It's surprising to me that we can't seem to figure out special teams.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
While I actually agree that ISU wasn't exactly sharp coming out of the gates and let two games slip, watching the team ascend the past two weeks has been really fun and I feel like they're just getting started.

Way more fun than most Octobers for ISU football.

Historically, yes.

But boy Octobers since 2017 have been so much ******* fun.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
i knew someone would say this and almost preemptively made a thread to rebut it.
this is the best octobers we have ever had because the coaches have a process that involves basic sets in september.
be happy, be grateful

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
i knew someone would say this and almost preemptively made a thread to rebut it.
this is the best octobers we have ever had because the coaches have a process that involves basic sets in september.
be happy, be grateful

Having poor starts, and then good Octobers is fine if you're content with Liberty Bowls and 7-8 win seasons. If you want to do something special and compete for Big 12 titles and get to 9 or 10 wins, then you cannot afford to take 3-4 games every single year to start rolling.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Having poor starts, and then good Octobers is fine if you're content with Liberty Bowls and 7-8 win seasons. If you want to do something special and compete for Big 12 titles and get to 9 or 10 wins, then you cannot afford to take 3-4 games every single year to start rolling.
Have we had poor starts? We’ve played well in those games other than the UT loss in 2017. If everything is measured by W-L, November and December are equally a hindrance to 9 or 10 wins as the start.

Relax. It’s more circumstantial than it is systemic.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Have we had poor starts? We’ve played well in those games other than the UT loss in 2017. If everything is measured by W-L, November and December are equally a hindrance to 9 or 10 wins as the start.

Relax. It’s more circumstantial than it is systemic.

Exactly. Brocktember and Brockvember will eventually turn if we keep up the consistency.

And hopefully lead to a good Brockcember. Or Brockuary.

• Funny
Reactions: burn587

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Exactly. Brocktember and Brockvember will eventually turn if we keep up the consistency.

And hopefully lead to a good Brockcember. Or Brockuary.

Sir....Could you please amend this post and put a few more Brocks in it......I cant way for brockgust.....

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
That is the hottest choking video I've ever seen.
Those who posted disagreed please post a better one. I am pant-ily, I mean patiently waiting.
giphy.webp

• Funny
Reactions: SpokaneCY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Sir....Could you please amend this post and put a few more Brocks in it......I cant way for brockgust.....
I feel like it’s just a matter before Purdy bends them over and makes the hawks his Broitch

Help Support Us

Become a patron