23-minute mark, Coach Weber talks about Haliburton ...

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I used to work for a company that made sports instructional videos. We made a video with Bruce, back when he was with Southern Illinois. Incredibly nice man. Very, very strange, though. We thought he had narcolepsy. He'd be doing his voiceovers for the video, and would just sort of trail off in the middle of his sentences. His eyes would get all squinty, and he'd just sit there silent. Sometimes he'd come back on his own. Sometimes the guy running the camera would have to snap him back to reality. We kept compilations of some of the funny moments from the raw footage. As I said, very nice man, just odd.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
His voice issue dates back to childhood when he had some sort of rare throat illness. He laughs today telling the story and that his doctor then told him to avoid a career where he'd have to yell or raise his voice a lot.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
His voice issue dates back to childhood when he had some sort of rare throat illness. He laughs today telling the story and that his doctor then told him to avoid a career where he'd have to yell or raise his voice a lot.

Can you share any Bill Snyder stories for our ISU chat board? He seems interesting. Mostly because he was there for like 95% of all recorded history.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Say what you want about Bruce, but I've always liked him and think he's good for the sport. Kind of a dork and goofy sideline antics, but everytime ISU has beaten them he's given ISU props and no excuses.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I sure hope you meant 23 seconds because I would rather pull off all my fingernails and pour lemon juice on the open wounds than listen to 23 minutes of Bruce Weber. ;-)

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
It's interesting that a coach with such a serious throat issue always chooses to yell at the top of his lungs when the opposing team is at the foal line in the act of shooting....o_O

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Bruce Weber was nice to me the few times I had the opportunity to meet him. He's a goober, but a nice guy and a solid coach who has had a good amount of success in his career. He gets a tough rap around here, some warranted, but overall I am a fan of Bruce

Heard a story from one of the players that after the game there last year that they were walking to the bus and there was a gentleman there holding the door for all of the ISU players - after they passed him they realized that it was Coach Weber.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
This thread is missing the Weber running to the locker room gif.
Here you go
8233382.gif

This ones better though
tenor.gif