Top 60 recruit Jalen Terry decommits from Michigan State

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
One the problems with THT and WIgginton is they followed Morris and Niang and Naz. Probably the three most unselfish players we have ever had and guys who made the right decision more than not. They also all three stayed until they were seniors and we saw a mature group instead of the THT and WIgginton teams where we saw them trying to "Get theirs" and make the NBA. THT and WIggs did us right and made the tourney. They both had a goal and are trying to reach it now.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
If he doesn't sign with Lebron's agency camp the Lakers dont draft him and he goes undrafted. You all are vastly overestimating his importance to this program.

If THT doesn't have a stress fracture in his foot he can impress at the combine and in team workouts and go in the first round.

or if Klutch doesn't see potential and doesn't sign THT giving him the Laker safety net he doesn't stay in the draft.

See everyone can post hypotheticals.

Your vastly underrating Talen's impact last year.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Eh, I disagree. My dad couldn't tell you where to find recruiting rankings let alone tell you THT was a pretty highly ranked recruit. His constant grumbling had nothing to do with THT's ranking and everything to do with clanking step back 25 footers with 15 seconds on the shotclock on a team with so many weapons. There's nothing unfairly harsh about not wanting that shot.

I didn't realize my wife had a brother!

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Cyclone fans are human - we remember great plays at hilton, in the b12 tourney, and the ncaa's. THT never played well in Hilton, and after the k-state game in kc, he really struggled and ended his season on the bench losing in the 1st rd we were favored to win!

human nature to remember the most recent failure, rather than his play the entire yr as an 18 yr old frosh.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Cyclone fans are human - we remember great plays at hilton, in the b12 tourney, and the ncaa's. THT never played well in Hilton, and after the k-state game in kc, he really struggled and ended his season on the bench losing in the 1st rd we were favored to win!

human nature to remember the most recent failure, rather than his play the entire yr as an 18 yr old frosh.

THT had a couple good games at home, dominated many road games and was the main reason we won the first round of the Big 12 tourney. A lot of people just remember the Ohio State game

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
THT had a couple good games at home, dominated many road games and was the main reason we won the first round of the Big 12 tourney. A lot of people just remember the Ohio State game

kid never cracked 20 pts in hilton. we're talking about memorable performances, and that won't do it. just saying its odd we had a big time frosh recruit and his best games were away from home.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
THT had his problems but he was extremely talented and raw. NBA scouts saw that and they took him on his potential. Everyone needs to remember that he was only a freshman, and an incredibly young freshman at that.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
kid never cracked 20 pts in hilton. we're talking about memorable performances, and that won't do it. just saying its odd we had a big time frosh recruit and his best games were away from home.

You have to understand the one and done model though. THT was a program changing recruit that was a one and done draft because of his potential. This is how the NBA is drafting now. They aren't overly interested in the 4 year player that has set a bunch of school records, they view those years as a total waste of time.

• Agree
Reactions: herbicide

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You have to understand the one and done model though. THT was a program changing recruit that was a one and done draft because of his potential. This is how the NBA is drafting now. They aren't overly interested in the 4 year player that has set a bunch of school records, they view those years as a total waste of time.
It's pretty important to future recruits to be able to look at a guy like THT and think that they could come into Iowa State and leave in one year. I know we would've loved to have had THT do more for us (or maybe do less at times) but he was a type of player that could change the landscape for the better.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It's pretty important to future recruits to be able to look at a guy like THT and think that they could come into Iowa State and leave in one year. I know we would've loved to have had THT do more for us (or maybe do less at times) but he was a type of player that could change the landscape for the better.

100% agree. I've had this conversation with my father in law about 10 times since he declared.... The old schoolers don't get it.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
100% agree. I've had this conversation with my father in law about 10 times since he declared.... The old schoolers don't get it.

Yes, they think star 4 year players like Morris and Niang still grow on trees. They don't understand those types are more rare than one and dones.

With that said, I can only speak for myself but I would selfishly prefer a team loaded with those Morris/Niang types, but I know that is a pipe dream.

• Winner
Reactions: Blandboy