The infamous holding call

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
He shared two B1G titles. The first one he avoided playing the National Champions in a conference game, the second one he avoided playing the other co-champion.
The West year he didn't have to play any of the East's top 4 teams.
Kansas and West Virginia have won an Orange Bowl +/- 2 years from Iowa's win.

“SHARED”...the most difficult word for many hawkeye fans to understand or remember to say!

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
And if you think they’ve had an easy conference schedule in the past, try checking out their upcoming 2024 football schedule! Toughest two games will be Wisconsin and the Cyclones, and they get both of those games at home!

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
You nostradamus or something? 2024? How can you possibly know what teams will be the toughest?

Fair point. Obviously basing this on current talent/skill level of those teams. Still, unless many of those future opponents have football revivals, it could be one of the easiest P5 schedules I ever remember seeing!

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Fair point. Obviously basing this on current talent/skill level of those teams. Still, unless many of those future opponents have football revivals, it could be one of the easiest P5 schedules I ever remember seeing!
I'm thinking sooner or later the networks/providers are going to force the conferences to play a strictly P5 schedule.....too many crap early season matchups for their $$$'s.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
And if you think they’ve had an easy conference schedule in the past, try checking out their upcoming 2024 football schedule! Toughest two games will be Wisconsin and the Cyclones, and they get both of those games at home!
You are looking up Iowa's 2024 schedule? "living rent free!"

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
10 - 2 will get them to a really good bowl game, though...

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Hopefully you guys still have Campbell in 2024. He cares so little about the game with the Hawks we may have a chance.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I honestly don't know what their schedule is this week. Only thing I know is they still have to play the 2 good teams from the BIG 12

You know all our opponents in conference play for 2024 though

We play Texas Tech on the road. Not a gimme like Purdue but we're favored

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron