Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
This is a pretty fantastic take as well... I don't think this mouth breather realizes how difficult it is to actually even make an NBA roster.

"Outside of Morris are any of the others doing more than passing out Gatorade and towels?

I'm not sure that putting 7 benchwarmers in the NBA is a deciding factor.

All the ISU fans act like the disparity of pro talent between ISU-Iowa for basketball is comparable to football.

Iowa actually has recognizable all pros in football. Nobody outside of Iowa has heard of the guys on your list."
I respectfully disagree. Here is the reason: One really needs to factor in the following: there are TONS more positions in Pro Football (almost 2,000) compared to NBA positions (400-450) & of those roster spots - 100+ have been occupied by international players. So, when you consider ISU's success with DEVELOPING players that make a roster (or even get a two-way contract) that is impressive.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
What’s XF’s best ISU comp? Brackins?

Although we have some size this year, we’ve lacked his level of front court length. I’d love to see him and Conditt in the frontcourt.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
What’s XF’s best ISU comp? Brackins?

Although we have some size this year, we’ve lacked his level of front court length. I’d love to see him and Conditt in the frontcourt.

A taller, more reliable Lard?

That sounds like Brackins, too.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I hope he's right. 247 is predicting that Iowa will (somehow) get him:

https://247sports.com/Player/Xavier-Foster-46035932/
The latest pick of those was over a year ago. Their picks (especially old ones) don't really mean anything, nor do their pick percentages.

Why you ask? They can change their predictions at anytime. So to make their stats look good, they'll change how the wind blows but it doesn't matter until the end; so they can change them 50 times but as long as they are correct at the very end, it doesn't hurt their %.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I respectfully disagree. Here is the reason: One really needs to factor in the following: there are TONS more positions in Pro Football (almost 2,000) compared to NBA positions (400-450) & of those roster spots - 100+ have been occupied by international players. So, when you consider ISU's success with DEVELOPING players that make a roster (or even get a two-way contract) that is impressive.

Imaging having zero players in the NBA and thinking that's not a huge deal. That's why Fran (among other reasons) only beats out mid majors for recruits

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
From Hoknation:

I sure hope you guys aren't getting me hyped up about nothing.
I'd love to see XF flying around the court with the other great talent Iowa has on the roster. Even is he wants out early he could get 2 great yrs in developing himself into what the NBA is looking for and go make some money.
There is absolutely a golden opportunity for him in Iowa City.

4 walleye hunter16, Yesterday at 1:14 PM

Did someone switch universes on me again?

Dudes gotta quick drunk posting.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I heard the Nuggets waived 6’ 7” center Tyler Cook.

A surprising development.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I’ve seen Xavier a bunch of times around Ames throughout the summer with his GF and her family. I know her family and unless Barta and Fran are giving him a briefcase full of cash, no way he goes to TOE.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CYCLNST8