Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
This is a pretty fantastic take as well... I don't think this mouth breather realizes how difficult it is to actually even make an NBA roster.

"Outside of Morris are any of the others doing more than passing out Gatorade and towels?

I'm not sure that putting 7 benchwarmers in the NBA is a deciding factor.

All the ISU fans act like the disparity of pro talent between ISU-Iowa for basketball is comparable to football.

Iowa actually has recognizable all pros in football. Nobody outside of Iowa has heard of the guys on your list."

this has been their mantra since Fran and Fred we’re hired the same year.

the right way. Playing in the finals of the nit is better than playing in the ncaa tournament.

this take, which will also become their mantra, is right along those lines.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
this has been their mantra since Fran and Fred we’re hired the same year.

the right way. Playing in the finals of the nit is better than playing in the ncaa tournament.

this take, which will also become their mantra, is right along those lines.
This type of mentality is why Iowa hasn't made a Sweet 16 since the '98-'99 season

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
When your best coach by far this century is Steve Alford you're in a bad spot
Lol and it wasn't even Alford who took them to the Sweet 16 that year.. it was Tom Davis. Alford only made the second round of the tournament one time in his career at Iowa and only made the NCAA tournament 3 times.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol and it wasn't even Alford who took them to the Sweet 16 that year.. it was Tom Davis. Alford only made the second round of the tournament one time in his career at Iowa and only made the NCAA tournament 3 times.

I know and he's still the best coach they've had since Davis by a mile. Fran's recruiting class this year is going to be the final nail in his coffin IMO unfortunately

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

Alford was a better coach than either of the two that followed him.

he was a young coach. And he sure as hell didn’t win enough to be that big of a ****

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I know and he's still the best coach they've had since Davis by a mile. Fran's recruiting class this year is going to be the final nail in his coffin IMO unfortunately
Fran needs XF bad. Like really bad.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Don't say that. He needs to stay forever.

Fran needs XF bad. Like really bad.

Wouldn't matter. He would squander him anyways.

Foster could be very good, but he is not saving a sinking ship on his own.

The big loser of XF going to Iowa is not Iowa State, but rather Foster himself.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC, Acylum and GTO

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
From Hoknation:

I sure hope you guys aren't getting me hyped up about nothing.
I'd love to see XF flying around the court with the other great talent Iowa has on the roster. Even is he wants out early he could get 2 great yrs in developing himself into what the NBA is looking for and go make some money.
There is absolutely a golden opportunity for him in Iowa City.

4 walleye hunter16, Yesterday at 1:14 PM

Did someone switch universes on me again?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I know we have guys in the NFL but if a kid cited getting the league as why they choose Iowa over ISU, I would totally understand that. Hawk fans not recognizing that putting 8 guys in the league in 4 years is a big deal to recruits just shows how little they understand the NBA or CBB recruiting. This is my favorite quote from the HR XF visit thread..

The best decision for his game and goals is Iowa.

How could any even semi intelligent person actually type that out.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I know we have guys in the NFL but if a kid cited getting the league as why they choose Iowa over ISU, I would totally understand that. Hawk fans not recognizing that putting 8 guys in the league in 4 years is a big deal to recruits just shows how little they understand the NBA or CBB recruiting. This is my favorite quote from the HR XF visit thread..

The best decision for his game and goals is Iowa.

How could any even semi intelligent person actually type that out.

You answered your own question with the intelligence part