Breece Hall Blocking and physical running.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Thanks for pointing those out. Indeed, he makes some awesome hits on blocks and with the ball. And that was just the one minute of the condensed game replay!

• Informative
Reactions: WrestlerJJE

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I was a bit worried at the beginning of the year as he missed some protections and didn’t have the greatest pass blocking form, but he absolutely destroyed WVU a few times on the blitz.

Reactions: Montgomery-Magic

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I was a bit worried at the beginning of the year as he missed some protections and didn’t have the greatest pass blocking form, but he absolutely destroyed WVU a few times on the blitz.
Which we need to reliably pick up to open up those routes

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Even vs. UNI his movement at the end of runs was generally forward, now it's just getting timing down and mechanics.

Hope the run game in general continues the success obviously. WV was basically F'd as the 2nd half wore on...Purdy's TD pass to Scates largely happened because about 5 WV players caved in on the fake to Hall.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
He has come a long ways since week 1, the UNI game he was a liability in pass blocking. What I really liked Saturday was he got stronger as the game went on, he was running with more confidence, finishing runs with positive momentum etc...that's the sign of a great back, punishing the defense when you know they are wearing down.

The best part about his emergence is that teams are basically focusing 100% on not letting Brock beat them and he was still playing well. I'm excited to see what he does when defenses are forced to respect the running game.

• Agree
Reactions: TykeClone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Can you imagine the confusion in the announcer's booth if this was Jirehl Brock?

"The ball is snapped to Brock. He hands it to Brock. No, Brock didn't give it to Brock, Brock kept it. Now Brock is brocking for Brock. Did you see that block from Block for Block?"

Can you say it three times fast? "Brock blocks Brock. Brock blocks Brock. Brock blocks Brock." I can't.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Can you imagine the confusion in the announcer's booth if this was Jirehl Brock?

"The ball is snapped to Brock. He hands it to Brock. No, Brock didn't give it to Brock, Brock kept it. Now Brock is brocking for Brock. Did you see that block from Block for Block?"

Can you say it three times fast? "Brock blocks Brock. Brock blocks Brock. Brock blocks Brock." I can't.
So true! If only they had different last names . . .

Montgomery-Magic

Oct 17, 2017
He was very good at running and blocking in that game. Hopefully we will see the same thing this week. Everyone needs to remember that WVU defense was just not very good. Hall is still, by far, the most complete running back we have seen this year.

My guess is that he has turned a corner. It is not a reflection of WVU's D but of his energy and focus and new comfort level. Lang is coming along nicely but he just lost his job to a more physical runner. I think I saw him as good as he was miss a few 3rd level cut opportunities. Am eh?

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
Always a positive sign when the future star running back picks up blitzes instead of watching it run by! He had a few awesome blocks during the game.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
My guess is that he has turned a corner. It is not a reflection of WVU's D but of his energy and focus and new comfort level. Lang is coming along nicely but he just lost his job to a more physical runner. I think I saw him as good as he was miss a few 3rd level cut opportunities. Am eh?

Backs do not get a lot of 3rd level opportunities, at least ISUs backs don't. Will be interesting to see how he does this week. TTU plays a lot of guys close to the line, and they give up a lot of chunks of yards when guys get through. The have given up 88 explosive plays so far this year, so I look for Hall to have some big runs.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron