Top 60 recruit Jalen Terry decommits from Michigan State

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
I knew a guy who worked for him for awhile (u/g assistant of some type).

He said he had never met a "******* bigger *******" in his life.

I know watching through a TV is not the same thing, but nothing I have seen of Izzo otherwise has given me much of any different reason to think that testimony was somehow false.

Prohm, in everything I have seen of him and everything others I have said about him, seems one of the most even-keeled guys on the planet. I stand by my original comparison. You could say it is a bit of hyperbole, but Izzo and Prohm are about opposite each other in style.

It’s like comparing Prohm to Bill F .

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Horton Tucker was only here one year and most of the time he left me scratching my head and left me frustrated. Yes there were some good moments with him, but I think he was a major chemistry destroyer last year

THT was ISU's first one and done recruit at ISU, which will open doors for Prohm and the staff for future recruits. If only for that reason I consider him a program changer not to mention Prohm empowered him to play his game and was a key player for a team that won the Big 12 tourney and a six seed.

I don't get the shade thrown at THT, he had uneven results but was only 18. To expected him to be consistent and be an immediate leader of the team some fans had was over ambitious and shouldn't be held against him. Anyone disappointed in the season is probably only looking at his last 10 games. He was also diagnosed with his stress fracture in his foot at the combine likely saw affecting him to end the year. I am glad THT chose to play at ISU and enjoyed watching him play in Hilton and won't let one game take away what he did last year..

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
THT was ISU's first one and done recruit at ISU, which will open doors for Prohm and the staff for future recruits. If only for that reason I consider him a program changer not to mention Prohm empowered him to play his game and was a key player for a team that won the Big 12 tourney and a six seed.

I don't get the shade thrown at THT, he had uneven results but was only 18. To expected him to be consistent and be an immediate leader of the team some fans had was over ambitious and shouldn't be held against him. Anyone disappointed in the season is probably only looking at his last 10 games. He was also diagnosed with his stress fracture in his foot at the combine likely saw affecting him to end the year. I am glad THT chose to play at ISU and enjoyed watching him play in Hilton and won't let one game take away what he did last year..
It’s not shade to think THT wasn’t a program changer.

You’re as generous with your OAD label as you are with your program changer designation.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Definitely huge impact players. Our program didn't achieve anything new with them, which is what I would consider "program changing", I guess. Royce White was a program changer. Georges Niang was a program changer. I hope Terry is too, if he comes here.
Tht was a program changer. Elevated our profile for that level player.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames

If you’re a top 40 recruit, our fan base is unfairly harsh on you. If THT had the season he did while being an unranked 3-Star, everybody on here would love him. Wigginton faced the same issue. I’m sure Craig Brackins did too.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
It’s not shade to think THT wasn’t a program changer.

You’re as generous with your OAD label as you are with your program changer designation.
Let me ask you this how many years was THT in Ames before he got drafted?

• Funny
Reactions: seattleCy

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Something that doesn't get talked about enough was THT was asked to do quite a bit for a freshman. He played out of position, almost always guarded a bigger player and was leaned on too much to score at times, mostly just on ISO plays where he was just asked to go make a play. I get frustration that we never got to see him reach his potential as a college bball player but he had a good year and there is value to a OAD in future recruiting.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I had the Laker game on in the background last night. Did THT play? I never saw him.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
If you’re a top 40 recruit, our fan base is unfairly harsh on you. If THT had the season he did while being an unranked 3-Star, everybody on here would love him. Wigginton faced the same issue. I’m sure Craig Brackins did too.
Eh, I disagree. My dad couldn't tell you where to find recruiting rankings let alone tell you THT was a pretty highly ranked recruit. His constant grumbling had nothing to do with THT's ranking and everything to do with clanking step back 25 footers with 15 seconds on the shotclock on a team with so many weapons. There's nothing unfairly harsh about not wanting that shot.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I never understood this. Most dads are involved in their kids picking a school. Mine chose the military and I was at every recruiting meeting to make sure they were not telling him crap that was no true to get him to join them. It's not being a helicopter dad. IT's being a dad who cares about their kid. I would be nervous about parents who don't pay attention to what the kid is doing and don't care.

That is what parents are supposed to do. But you didn't go to bootcamp once he enlisted. Parents coming to visit the program before they sign and come to games is great, parents coming to practice and trying to lobby for playing time, not so much.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Not sure if it will impact Terry, but Michigan got a commitment from Isaiah Todd, top 10 Forward.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Eh, I disagree. My dad couldn't tell you where to find recruiting rankings let alone tell you THT was a pretty highly ranked recruit. His constant grumbling had nothing to do with THT's ranking and everything to do with clanking step back 25 footers with 15 seconds on the shotclock on a team with so many weapons. There's nothing unfairly harsh about not wanting that shot.
Fair enough but he made those shots as well. Every player is going to take some bad shots. I wouldn’t say I loved his step back or 1 leg fadeaway but I want a player who is confident enough to take shots and when THT had it going, he was unstoppable. Iowa State was at it’s best last year when THT, Wigginton, Lard and Shayok played well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron