Top 60 recruit Jalen Terry decommits from Michigan State

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'm not going to sit and ask you who it would be. But I don't see a player on the roster that wouldn't get a chance to play and the guy that most believe woyld be pushed out will play this year alot.

The rotation will be roughly eight during the non-con.

It will be more like seven during the Big 12 season.

It will be around six in Kansas City and any other postseason.

There are going to be 5-7 guys riding the pine.

There are always at least a few guys who could reasonable leave for more PT.

Not going to name names -- but sometimes that is best for all.

I wish guys like Simeon Carter and Jakolby Long all the best at their new homes.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cytown12

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Wut? Both Wigginton and Horton-Tucker were immediate starters and produced in the B12 as freshman. That is impacting the roster and thus program changer.
Definitely huge impact players. Our program didn't achieve anything new with them, which is what I would consider "program changing", I guess. Royce White was a program changer. Georges Niang was a program changer. I hope Terry is too, if he comes here.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Definitely huge impact players. Our program didn't achieve anything new with them, which is what I would consider "program changing", I guess. Royce White was a program changer. Georges Niang was a program changer. I hope Terry is too, if he comes here.

That is a pretty high bar to be a "program changer" consider the level that Royce White and Georges Niang took the thing to. If you told me Jackson, Walker, or Terry was going to be Morris or even Weiler-Babb, I am dang glad to have any of them.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
That is a pretty high bar to be a "program changer" consider the level that Royce White and Georges Niang took the thing to. If you told me Jackson, Walker, or Terry was going to be Morris or even Weiler-Babb, I am dang glad to have any of them.
By definition it should be a high bar.

Wigginton and THT weren’t in the program changers level. Perhaps they could have been had they stayed.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I cannot think of two coaches more opposite in demeanor than Prohm and Izzo.
I think you may be letting your vision of him screaming at his player in the Tourney last year cloud your perception of him. He is more often than not very even keeled on the sideline. Only gets worked up when he feels its a benefit to his team.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFan4

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm pumped for all our recruits. I think it takes a once-a-decade type player to truly "change" a program. David Montgomery - program changer. Alexander Robinson - really good running back. Brock Purdy - program changer. Austin Arnaud - good quarterback. We might have different definitions of "program changer", nothing wrong with that.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
It will be around six in Kansas City and any other postseason.

Wrong.
Last season: 7.5, could be 7 or could be 8 depending on if you want to count Conditt's handful of minutes in every game
'17 postseason: 7.5 same as before except with NWB
'16 postseason: 7
'15 postseason: 7.5 Matt Thomas playing the NWB/Conditt role this time
'14 postseason: 7, this is the closest to 6 as both Thomas and Edozie were only getting 8-10 mpg
'13 postseason: 8
'12 postseason: 8

As you can see here, if you are only running 6 deep it's more an issue of lacking depth than any designed rotation cutting. 7 maybe even 8, if the talent drop off isn't too much, is more what is aimed for.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think you may be letting your vision of him screaming at his player in the Tourney last year cloud your perception of him. He is more often than not very even keeled on the sideline. Only gets worked up when he feels its a benefit to his team.

I knew a guy who worked for him for awhile (u/g assistant of some type).

He said he had never met a "******* bigger *******" in his life.

I know watching through a TV is not the same thing, but nothing I have seen of Izzo otherwise has given me much of any different reason to think that testimony was somehow false.

Prohm, in everything I have seen of him and everything others I have said about him, seems one of the most even-keeled guys on the planet. I stand by my original comparison. You could say it is a bit of hyperbole, but Izzo and Prohm are about opposite each other in style.

Last edited:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Wrong.
Last season: 7.5, could be 7 or could be 8 depending on if you want to count Conditt's handful of minutes in every game
'17 postseason: 7.5 same as before except with NWB
'16 postseason: 7
'15 postseason: 7.5 Matt Thomas playing the NWB/Conditt role this time
'14 postseason: 7, this is the closest to 6 as both Thomas and Edozie were only getting 8-10 mpg
'13 postseason: 8
'12 postseason: 8

As you can see here, if you are only running 6 deep it's more an issue of lacking depth than any designed rotation cutting. 7 maybe even 8, if the talent drop off isn't too much, is more what is aimed for.

I think you missed the general point that rotations tighten throughout the season and, even if we can argue about 6 versus 7 versus 7.5 versus 8... it sure ain't 13.

There are always going to be 5+ guys riding the pine. Maybe as much as 6-7.

There is going to be somebody with cause to leave if we need to make room.

Terry is a guy you make room for.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I knew a guy who worked for him for awhile (u/g assistant of some type).

He said he had never met a "******* bigger *******" in his life.

I know watching through a TV is not the same thing, but nothing I have seen of Izzo otherwise has given me much of any different reason to think that testimony was somehow false.

Prohm, in everything I have seen of him and everything others I have said about him, seems one of the most even-keeled guys on the planet. I stand by my original comparison. You could say it is a bit of hyperbole, but Izzo and Prohm are about opposite each other in style.

Now we know why he decommited.

JK. Thanks for the post.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
Wut? Both Wigginton and Horton-Tucker were immediate starters and produced in the B12 as freshman. That is impacting the roster and thus program changer.

Horton Tucker was only here one year and most of the time he left me scratching my head and left me frustrated. Yes there were some good moments with him, but I think he was a major chemistry destroyer last year