Hawk fans gonna turn on Stanley

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Remember when Iowa fans told us this summer this was finally the year the Big Ten West was going to be good?
Besides Minnesota being better, which it's TBD how good they actually are because they haven't played anyone yet, you could make a case it's actually worse than it's been. Northwestern is bad, Purdue is back to where they usually are which is bad, Illinois is garbage, and Nebraska is bad. Then you have what seems to be a really good Wisconsin team and a solid Iowa team.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch and CyTwins

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Besides Minnesota being better, which it's TBD how good they actually are because they haven't played anyone yet, you could make a case it's actually worse than it's been. Northwestern is bad, Purdue is back to where they usually are which is bad, Illinois is garbage, and Nebraska is bad. Then you have what seems to be a really good Wisconsin team and a solid Iowa team.

And they still have as many teams ranked as the entire Big 12.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And they still have as many teams ranked as the entire Big 12.
I don't think there were many people on here claiming that the Big 12 was going to be amazing this year. I thought it'd be OU, Texas, ISU, and maybe BU, Okie State, or TCU could sneak into a spot. A win at Tech this weekend for ISU would most likely put them into the top-25 and then we'd have 4 teams ranked. It'll all work itself out in the end.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Chads latest drivel is that iowa would be 6-0 if no one had left for the nfl.
"Breaking news, Duke wins every national basketball championship if their players stay 4 years." What a dumb take lol.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I don't think there were many people on here claiming that the Big 12 was going to be amazing this year. I thought it'd be OU, Texas, ISU, and maybe BU, Okie State, or TCU could sneak into a spot. A win at Tech this weekend for ISU would most likely put them into the top-25 and then we'd have 4 teams ranked. It'll all work itself out in the end.

And I don't think many people were saying the Big 10 West going to be amazing either.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And I don't think many people were saying the Big 10 West going to be amazing either.
Ehhh I don't know about that one. Would have to go back but I believe there were some analysts claiming Nebraska was going to contend for a B10 West title, Minnesota would be really good, and Northwestern and Purdue would be solid. Overall the hype for the B10 West coming into the year was high and so far it's been what it usually has been.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and RezClone

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Ehhh I don't know about that one. Would have to go back but I believe there were some analysts claiming Nebraska was going to contend for a B10 West title, Minnesota would be really good, and Northwestern and Purdue would be solid. Overall the hype for the B10 West coming into the year was high and so far it's been what it usually has been.

I don't remember any hype about the Big 10 West.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't remember any hype about the Big 10 West.
You might not have seen it, but there were quite a few people saying that the Big 10 West is up for grabs this year because of all of the solid teams that were going to be there (minus Illinois).

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Easy to throw rocks because the BIG 12 North no longer exists. Possibly the worst P5 conference division that has ever existed.
Iowa State had some okay years thrown in there, Kansas was pathetic besides 1 year, and Colorado was not very good besides a few good years. But Kansas State, Missouri, and Nebraska? Those were 3 pretty good football teams..

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I feel bad for Stanley, he seems like a good guy. The problem is he's the same player today he was as a sophomore. And I don't think that's all on him.
Kind of aligns with the new OC's hiring doesn't it.

And Stanley has also added a lot of weight.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Easy to throw rocks because the BIG 12 North no longer exists. Possibly the worst P5 conference division that has ever existed.
When's the last time a current B1G West school won a natty in football or basketball?
Nebraska and Kansas did it while being in the B12 North.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I don't think the Big 10 West has ever seen the lows that the Big 12 North did. They had a few years in the mid 2000s where they went 3-15 against the South.
Isn’t PSU something like 21-0 vs the west? Lol.

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron