Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Speaking of JorBo, he announced on Twitter that he will always stand with Hong Kong. I’m sure a Chinese response is forth coming. Big names like that don’t go unnoticed.
The U of I does have a substantial number of Chinese students. Could be trouble with a high ranking celebrity like Jorbo involved.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I don't either. You can tell he is trying to wait for that big time out of state offer like from Duke or UNC. I don't think either will come though.

If that was true, he'd sign in the spring. He's committing two days before signing day, so I'd say it's 99% certain he'll sign early and be done.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't either. You can tell he is trying to wait for that big time out of state offer like from Duke or UNC. I don't think either will come though.

You can tell? If that's the case he wouldn't sign in the early signing period

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
baylor is apparently out.

I can’t get too worked up about foster. I hope he picks us. But if he picks iowa, he’s obviously not too bright and I’d rather not have him.

Baylor's offer is no longer committable?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Probably end up at VirginiaTech or Baylor :)
Not a knock to your post but it is interesting how people still king of think Baylor is a old Baylor. They are a good program now. VT will be interesting with a new coach. If Buzz was still there then I could see it.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah after I posted that I realized the 2nd guy and the last guy are pretty much identical, so doubt they'd take both. I don't even know how many scholarships they have. Especially considering Fran holds one or two schollies to award to walkons every year.

or managers.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Not a knock to your post but it is interesting how people still king of think Baylor is a old Baylor. They are a good program now. VT will be interesting with a new coach. If Buzz was still there then I could see it.
Not to mention Baylor basketball has been murder-free for like 15 years. I think that's a big sell to recruits, especially those that are anti-murder.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

The funny think about this whole article is the end quote by Xavier's father saying they will weigh the pros and the cons of everything. Looking strictly at Iowa and Iowa State, there are an immense amount of pros compared to Iowa (and I'm not just talking about guys playing at the professional level).

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The funny think about this whole article is the end quote by Xavier's father saying they will weigh the pros and the cons of everything. Looking strictly at Iowa and Iowa State, there are an immense amount of pros compared to Iowa (and I'm not just talking about guys playing at the professional level).

ISU has more pros and Iowa has more cons, literally.