Jay Jordan: West Virginia film review

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
Jay, does the staff keep Hall as the featured back and let him learn on the job? Or, do they keep trying to feed whoever the hot hand is?

INTENSE_CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2018
Great read!

Breece showed some very nice pass blocking as well.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If anyone wants to get better and seeing the details of what's going on in a single football play, this is a tremendous source.

nickoff

Oct 14, 2017
Portland, OR
Thx much Jay. Really appreciate your work and analysis.
My favorite thing on CF. Look forward to your articles every week.
I've learned more about football in the last 2 years of reading your articles than the previous 15 of watching normal commentators on TV.
They are just technical enough that I learn something and appreciate what the players and coaches are doing, but not so technical that my brain hurts.
Love it !

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Does anyone have clips of Hall blocking? I remember one play where a LB was coming through the OL and Hall just stops him dead in his tracks. His blocking was really enjoyable to watch.

@JJIII, what were your thoughts on Hall's blocking this past Saturday? To my untrained eye, it was the best we've seen since Montgomery?

JJIII

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 24, 2017
Does anyone have clips of Hall blocking? I remember one play where a LB was coming through the OL and Hall just stops him dead in his tracks. His blocking was really enjoyable to watch.

@JJIII, what were your thoughts on Hall's blocking this past Saturday? To my untrained eye, it was the best we've seen since Montgomery?
I texted Woody about it. Said you only notice blitz pick up when it is really good or really poor. Hall’s showed physical prowess and really good recognition.

it portends of a three down back. It boosts Oline confidence. Really important part of the game.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Just saw this an hour ago, if anyone just wants to see Breece's runs:

Running with a lot more confidence and explosion. Good to see him setting up his cuts instead of running straight into the next defender. I suspect WVU's defense had something to do with this performance, but good to see nonetheless. He found some yards that weren't necessarily there.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

There were at least a half dozen big blocks from him. The best one, to me, was on the last drive with Mitchell. On 4th and 2 Mitchell ran to the right and Hall was his lead blocker and cleared the DB 5yds down field allowing Mitchell to get the 1st down.