Lazard on Packer roster

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I've watched the play at least twice now, and to me it looked like he may not have had full posession of the ball until he had broken the plane of the goal line, all the while the ball didnt hit the ground and lazard stayed in bounds.

Exactly. He didn't have full possession until in the end zone. Didn't matter if he was touched at the 2

He didn't have a catch at that point.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Great video. Looks like he has possession once it is about a foot or foot in a half beyond the plain.

If the auto review on scoring plays had that angle it's easy to see how that couldn't be reversed or likely would have even been confirmed.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
He wasn't drafted because teams don't care about the 40 that much any more and they want guys that can get separation. Right now everybody wants WRs that are great at getting in and out if their breaks.That also happens to be ALs biggest weakness as a WR. He clearly can be a productive WR in the league, but he just happens to not fit the current fad in WR.

This plus there was some knock on him being a TE as well, saying he didn't really fit an NFL position due to being a "tweener."

Regardless, I hope AL proves them all wrong each week.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
This plus there was some knock on him being a TE as well, saying he didn't really fit an NFL position due to being a "tweener."

Regardless, I hope AL proves them all wrong each week.
Wasn't sure if that actually happened or was speculation.

Yeah some guys you just shouldn't bet against.

Vikings fan but SO jacked for AL and his family. Top notch people.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Well two weeks ago Vikings fans were saying Mike Zimmer is an awful coach, Kirk Cousins is the worst qb of all time, and the Minnesota OL is the worst in the NFL. Now they are a really good team?

This Viking fan hates Kirk Cousins still. He has a long ways to go to earn that cash IMO. I don’t want to just get to the playoffs. We have been there many times. I want to win it all. That’s the only way Kirk Cousins will endear himself to me. Call me unrealistic I don’t care.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
A little annoyed Lazard's big night is being overshadowed by the poor officiating.

Just complete incompetence from NFL officials this year. I don't think it is some sort of larger conspiracy that favors Rodgers or the Packers, although they were certainly beneficiaries last night. It is just complete incompetence from officiating.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
A little annoyed Lazard's big night is being overshadowed by the poor officiating.

Just complete incompetence from NFL officials this year. I don't think it is some sort of larger conspiracy that favors Rodgers or the Packers, although they were certainly beneficiaries last night. It is just complete incompetence from officiating.
The first one, I could see how it could be mistaken at game speed. The guy had his hand in the very edge of the shoulder pad essentially under the helmet so as soon as the offensive player tilted his head back it looks like the defender has the neck which would then be the correct call. Easy to miss at game speed. The other, wasn't nearly as close but if you are looking for high hands and helmets tilting back because you don't have the angle, you are going to get duped.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
No to take away anything from AL but he was just short. Great catch either way

EG4zpg7XkAASNJ9.jpg

FAKE NEWS

Didn't have possession until he was across the goal line.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
  • Agree
Reactions: CSR99