Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thunderstorm and hail last night around 2:30 a.m. Forecast is like maybe sunny :eek: and just warm enough to sneak in a bike ride later this week. Even put the potted grocery store mums out again.

Bicycle is winning the summer mileage battle with the Boxster by about 100 miles. If I can work a fall color drive in the Boxster may still win. Man, I just don't drive much anymore. Everything is less than 10 miles for me these days, Home Depot/liquor stores/Lifetime/grocery are like 3 miles. Doctors and other stuff are all less than 10 miles. An electric car would not be a range/charge problem for me these days.

Reactions: wxman1

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Nope..
It says the file is too large. It's less than 20 seconds so I dunno...
Do you have a YouTube account?

Hint: If you have a Gmail address you have a YouTube account. Just log in with your Gmail address.

If so you can upload the video to YouTube and then post the YouTube link here.

• Informative
Reactions: cyrevkah

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Do you have a YouTube account?

Hint: If you have a Gmail address you have a YouTube account. Just log in with your Gmail address.

If so you can upload the video to YouTube and then post the YouTube link here.
Okay - found my previously unknown account. I'm really not very good at doing things with my Smart phone (and no nothing about working with a youtube account). How do I upload the vid now?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Okay - found my previously unknown account. I'm really not very good at doing things with my Smart phone (and no nothing about working with a youtube account). How do I upload the vid now?
I usually copy it to my PC and upload it from there. Let me look around at the phone app and see if I can figure that out.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
If you go to the video in your gallery there should be the "Share" symbol that looks like this
Share.JPG
You should be able to click on that and see a list of ways to share the video. YouTube should be listed. Select YouTube and you will most likely be asked to sign into your channel and upload the video. Once it is uploaded it will have a URL for sharing.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
So Iowa had F-35s flyover last weekend and have F-18s this weekend. We need more ROTC guys go into flying.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
If you go to the video in your gallery there should be the "Share" symbol that looks like this
View attachment 67584
You should be able to click on that and see a list of ways to share the video. YouTube should be listed. Select YouTube and you will most likely be asked to sign into your channel and upload the video. Once it is uploaded it will have a URL for sharing.
I shall attempt.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Okay. Don't laugh. I followed the linky thing you showed me. I gave the video a name and a description, and I uploaded it to my channel. It gave me several setting choices. Public, private, and viewable only to people that have the link.

I chose the "only by link" option.

Now *I* can't find it. :(

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
giphy.gif
Okay. Don't laugh. I followed the linky thing you showed me. I gave the video a name and a description, and I uploaded it to my channel. It gave me several setting choices. Public, private, and viewable only to people that have the link.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

Go to YouTube on your phone. On the home page there should be your initial (First letter of you gmail address) in the upper right. Then select Your Channel and it will bring you to your uploaded videos

Screenshot_20191015-130847_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20191015-130900_YouTube.jpg

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Go to YouTube on your phone. On the home page there should be your initial (First letter of you gmail address) in the upper right. Then select Your Channel and it will bring you to your uploaded videos

View attachment 67586
View attachment 67588
I actually got that far. What I can't come up with is how to get the URL to embed in here. I can't right click on my phone like I do on the computer. And for some reason, the video doesn't show up when I log into my channel on my computer...only on the phone. Bah!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I actually got that far. What I can't come up with is how to get the URL to embed in here. I can't right click on my phone like I do on the computer. And for some reason, the video doesn't show up when I log into my channel on my computer...only on the phone. Bah!
If an iPhone, you need to double tap to copy. Then push and hold on top of the cusor to get paste to show up.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
If an iPhone, you need to double tap to copy. Then push and hold on top of the cusor to get paste to show up.
Android.
I finally gave up and transferred the vid from my phone to my computer, then uploaded it to youtube from there, and put the setting to public. From there it was a piece of cake to embed it here; I do that all the time. I was just hoping to cut out the middle steps on the computer. I guess I need to keep working at it.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and cyrevkah

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Android.
I finally gave up and transferred the vid from my phone to my computer, then uploaded it to youtube from there, and put the setting to public. From there it was a piece of cake to embed it here; I do that all the time. I was just hoping to cut out the middle steps on the computer. I guess I need to keep working at it.
That's the way I have always done it but whether I go from my phone or PC I can see the videos on my Youtube channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron