Votes: 17 9.2%
  • I Could Go For Another 2 Year Arrowhead Game - But Nicer Weekend

Votes: 36 19.5%

• Total voters

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I like that KSU is routinely scheduled as a rival game on last weekend. Two similar programs, and WVU rivalry is too forced.

Anyone open to a 2 year swing back through Arrowhead for Farmageddon?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Arrowhead was a great idea but neither fanbase really embraced it. K State is probably my favorite road trip, mainly bc its one of the closest (and relatively cheap tickets) but I like BSFS and have always had good experiences with their fans, so I like the idea of keeping things the way they are.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm still a little miffed about how the combination of KC and conference realignment resulted in KSU not having to play a road game against us for over half a decade.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Not to hijack the thread, but I still can't understand why the schools haven't created a trophy for this game yet. It seems like such a no-brainer that both fanbases would embrace.
We could locate the Pewter family and re gift it for this rivalry.
vauEUgn.gif

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Arrowhead was a great idea but neither fanbase really embraced it. K State is probably my favorite road trip, mainly bc its one of the closest (and relatively cheap tickets) but I like BSFS and have always had good experiences with their fans, so I like the idea of keeping things the way they are.

Agree.....at the time thought it was kind of cool, but wouldn't want to lose a home game.

The atmosphere was pretty dull from the one I went to....like the energy a true home atmosphere can have.

I would be open to having it earlier......mainly to save a cold date for OU/TX and other southern schools.

L

LincolnWay187

Screw arrowhead. At least ames and Manhattan get to keep the hotel revenue for the games. Missouri has no affiliation e the big 12

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
There are only 3 regular season games in college football that should be held at a neutral site every year: Red River, the Cocktail Party, and Army-Navy. Every other game should be hosted at one of the participating schools home stadium. The atmosphere of neutral site games just can't stand up to what you get on campus.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Keep it on campus.

This game isn’t notable. Playing KSU feels a bit like playing UNI. It’s damn embarrassing to have lost 11 in a row to them.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Not to hijack the thread, but I still can't understand why the schools haven't created a trophy for this game yet. It seems like such a no-brainer that both fanbases would embrace.

Trophies seem to be going out of fashion. Don’t hear nearly as much about them as even 10 years ago. I’m sure the teams themselves still really care but seems like they are fading out of the public consciousness in the modern world.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City

It would be sweet if it was an actual tractor. Winning team's mascot would get to drive it out on the field for the next year's game. It'd get everyone riled up!

Get John Deere or whoever to donate an old-school - working 1917 tractor (The year both schools started playing each other.) Slap on some ISU and K-State logos on it, boom. Farmageddon!

12467682113_476272d291_b.jpg

1917 - Waterloo Boy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Screw arrowhead. At least ames and Manhattan get to keep the hotel revenue for the games. Missouri has no affiliation e the big 12
Right. Same with the whole “let’s play it at creightons stadium” crowd

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron