Squawk Unis for Penn State game!!

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
usa_today_13507861.0.jpg
I bet it's hard to find a pic where Stanley isn't getting pressured.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Just think, there was at least one Cy-Hawk game with the original Iowa Wings uniform with the Navy-blue infused bird in a blender combo. What an assault on the senses.

On a side note, the worst part about ISU's Gen-1 bird in a blender unis were that the jerseys seemed all to be a size too big with tons of extra sleeve material. It was as if Sam Bradford designed the fit of the jerseys.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I thought they looked a lot like what Missouri wears these days. Sometimes Missouri mixes it up with black pants. They are horrible. They are as bad as our old Red, Gold, with blue trim things that we used to run out there. Those were horrible.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
When gold goes wrong. Roundly being laughed at today by all levels of media. They even got mention on the tOSU podcast I listen to. They were asking why they dont wear the all-blacks they used when they killed OSU.

They then went on to make fun of them for their “traditional” Pittsburgh Steelers copycats.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I thought they looked a lot like what Missouri wears these days. Sometimes Missouri mixes it up with black pants. They are horrible. They are as bad as our old Red, Gold, with blue trim things that we used to run out there. Those were horrible.

That's what they said on the GameDay preview. "That's Missouri!"

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Was it my imagination or was the chicken head a little larger on the helmets this week?

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and CycloneVet

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
To be fair, their fans kind of remind me of us about 10 years ago....REALLY wanting to do something different...but we never did...remember how STOKED we all were when we came out in yellow jerseys vs MIzzouri? I feel that's them for this combo. Excited they did something, but also not making too big of deal and doing the "we value the traditions, etc"...but they'd LOVE a shot at having fun like we do.

Their blackout unis were very cool.

I had the game on a bit and told my buddy they could have some cool looks.....white helmet with black tiger hawk, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: STATE12

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
These were the Mizzou uniforms for last weekend for reference. I don't ever really care for a lot of yellow/gold, but these actually look pretty sharp with the black pants and gold lid.
bilde

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
These were the Mizzou uniforms for last weekend for reference. I don't ever really care for a lot of yellow/gold, but these actually look pretty sharp with the black pants and gold lid.
bilde
Gold is a tough one in college football and only a few teams have been able to get it right. Oregon's all gold / yellow has been great, but so have all of their other uniform combinations.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
To be fair, their fans kind of remind me of us about 10 years ago....REALLY wanting to do something different...but we never did...remember how STOKED we all were when we came out in yellow jerseys vs MIzzouri? I feel that's them for this combo. Excited they did something, but also not making too big of deal and doing the "we value the traditions, etc"...but they'd LOVE a shot at having fun like we do.

Their blackout unis were very cool.

I had the game on a bit and told my buddy they could have some cool looks.....white helmet with black tiger hawk, etc.

Agree on the blackout unis. Even the gray sleeve/helmet/number alts were pretty good. The golds are a big swing and miss...

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
I actually liked their uni's. Thought it would have looked better without the shoulder feathers and black pants. My wife, and Iowa graduate unlike many Iowa fans, said "dear god those are horrible." I will never question her judgement.

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
It's like they looked at their original "wing" jerseys and said to themselves, "How can we make these atrocities look even worse?"
Exceptionally hideous. Capped of with a profile of Donald Trumps hair on the helmet. Would have to really focus and try to come up with a worse package.