Name of the Iowa player

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I know Iowa honored the 2009 team at the Penn State game. I was shocked while watching sports Sunday night that they showed a player from that team who had a heart attack or something and was in a comma for a long period of time.

I didn't quite hear the name of the player, but it seemed like it was someone I should have known.

I would appreciate if someone could help me out with this. The player had to have help to walk and it was sort of shocking to see him like that. But it looks like the guy never gave up, and I admire that.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Pretty sure they didn't expect to live initially or was actually pronounced dead. Is was that bad. So to see him being able to attend is a nice thing. Amazing that a kid that physically gifted had a heart attack at such a young age.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Pretty sure they didn't expect to live initially or was actually pronounced dead. Is was that bad. So to see him being able to attend is a nice thing. Amazing that a kid that physically gifted had a heart attack at such a young age.
Heart disease doesn't discriminate & is the #1 killer of men and women. What is more shocking is that there was no sign during his physicals, but arrhythmia can't be difficult to detect.