ESPN FPI predicts ISU will tie Baylor for 2nd in Big 12.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Really wanted Oklahoma to take that loss today. I think we can win out except at Oklahoma. We will need a lot of luck to catch them. That's why our Baylor loss sucks.
I want OU to win out. If we end up playing an undefeated OU in the Championship game it means we are a lock for the Sugar Bowl. Win we get the invite. Lose and OU goes to CFP and we still get the invite to the Sugar Bowl.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The biggest surprise there is that they give ISU a 63% chance of beating Texas. I think we can compete but I'm not quite as optimistic as their algorithm.
Some of you might not have noticed, but Texas has a horrible OL. OU had nine sacks against them—and we have a better defense than OU.

That and the fact that the game is at the Jack, and I think that percentage is just about right.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Some of you might not have noticed, but Texas has a horrible OL. OU had nine sacks against them—and we have a better defense than OU.

That and the fact that the game is at the Jack, and I think that percentage is just about right.

Gonna have to fix the running QB thing.

And Texas seems to be a bad matchup for ISU...hopefully they don't have things figured out by then.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Baylor has to go to TCU (while they aren't great, its a rivalry game and TCU showed flashes of being able to score quickly on us) and go to Okie State. Not to mention they haven't played Texas or OU yet.

Gotta hope if we tie with Baylor somehow it's a 3 way round robin with Texas and tiebreaker gets us in. Or we can still control our own destiny at this point....

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If Baylor loses this upcoming weekend @ Okie State (which is highly possible) I do not see them getting two wins against TCU, OU, and Texas. If we then handle business going into the Texas game (I think we do lose against OU), that game against Texas will be the showdown to get to the Big 12 Title game.

However even if all of that happens, it sets up for an epic kick in the groin loss against KSU in the last game of the season to kill our Big 12 Title hopes.. We've all seen that happen before.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Tech needed to pull that one out and then go back to sucking next week in the worst way.

Watching things come to light here in October is fun again but gotta be better in September.

Yup, was pullin' for Tech hard there.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Texas is missing both starting tackles. People don’t realize how beat up the horns this year on both sides of the ball

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and Aclone

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I think the next two weeks are going to be tough - if ISU can win those two games, then we can get excited about possibilities. The conference is fairly even UT, Tech, Baylor, OSU, and ISU. Would not be shocked if all have 3 conference losses. Going to beat each other up.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
What's the tie breaker if Iowa State, Texas and Baylor all go 7-2?
I'm pretty sure the rules state:
1. Big 12 Tiebreaker Rules
a.) The tiebreaker goes to Texas.
b.) If Texas is not involved in the tiebreaker it goes to the school that is from Texas.
c.) If no Texas schools are involved in the tiebreaker the conference will be dissolved.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016

Yeah, I haven't gotten to watch them much but have heard comments about their OL. I hope you're right. I know it's a roster filled with 4 and 5-star recruits.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Might we see College Football Ames Day for a second time on Nov 16th?

Reactions: Aclone

r06b

May 29, 2017
What's the tie breaker if Iowa State, Texas and Baylor all go 7-2?

Assuming that is because OU beat everyone and ISU beats Texas, Texas beats Baylor and Baylor beat ISU then it would go to point differential between the games played between the three teams. So we would need to beat Texas by 3 more points than Texas beats Baylor in the situation I sketched out.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Big 12 title would be great. But I am still not counting us out of a spot in CFP. I know. I know. That sounds like something a Hawk fan would say.

We can beat everyone on our schedule including OU. Our formula for winning against the big boys is simple: win the turnover battle. We were minus 2 against Iowa and minus 2 against Baylor and were still just a missed FG away from winning those games.

Our CFP chances are admittedly still very slim. We will need to win out and that won't be easy. But don't count us out just yet.

Help Support Us

Become a patron