Hawk fans gonna turn on Stanley

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
its scheme it’s philosophy as well.

he’s never going to be mobile. He’s going to be one of the old school statue qbs.

Iowa is o line u. And the interior of that line is bad.
Stanley honestly reminds me Matthew Stafford. STRONG arm and can really fire a ball in there HARD, but the dude is immobile as hell and has little to no touch on deep balls.

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
new years bowl or bust

JANUARY BOWL JANUARY BOWL!!

Iowa fans and Hok media and their bizarre obsession and self-absorbed arrogance touting JANUARY BOWL!! JANUARY BOWL!!!

January 2020 lineup.

Jan. 6 Mobile Alabama
Jan. 4 Armed Forces
Jan. 3 Idaho Potato
Jan. 2 Gator
Jan. 2 Birmingham
Jan. 1 Outback
Jan. 1 Citrus

~ The Alamo Bowl is as prestigious or better bowl than most of the
aforementioned. In some cases---not even close.
You can add the Sun Bowl, Liberty Bowl, and Holiday Bowl also

They're played in DECEMBER

Geezus, I better schedule my next trip to the dentist for January 2020, and cancel my December appointment ! I'm surely to get better news in January regarding my teeth!
.......A hawk fan told me so!

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
The Jared Taylor guy Ross shared the tweet from must be a Cyclone troll. No real Hawkeye fan would go off script and admit that the refs gave the Hawks more than enough gifts to tilt the game in their favor. Quiet the opposite, a real Hawk fan would be complaining about how the Hawks would have won if not for the refs.

Cap tip Jared, nice trolling.

He was actually a team manager for ISUMBB. One of the few decent Hawk fans I know.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
And if Barta is there when Kirk retires, Lil Kirk will be the next HC.

I would bet this is what will happen, Kirk will coach a couple more seasons, and then they will announce his son, as the coach in waiting, and the after one or two more year, he will step down.

My questions, has this really ever worked out anywhere hiring the head coach's son to take the position as head coach of the team? A few schools have tried in either football or basketball and outside of Bowden, I cannot think of another school that even had anywhere close as the success as the father had, and Bowden did it at another school, not FSU.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I would bet this is what will happen, Kirk will coach a couple more seasons, and then they will announce his son, as the coach in waiting, and the after one or two more year, he will step down.

My questions, has this really ever worked out anywhere hiring the head coach's son to take the position as head coach of the team? A few schools have tried in either football or basketball and outside of Bowden, I cannot think of another school that even had anywhere close as the success as the father had, and Bowden did it at another school, not FSU.

John Thompson Jr and John Thompson III has a 5 year gap, but that might be the closest you’re going to get, at least from what I can think of.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Stanley throws passes like I play golf -- I hit one good shot maybe every six or seven swings if I am lucky. He was 25 of 43 against PSU, and I get a couple of his tosses were throw-aways to avoid sacks. But most of his incompletions were absolutely horrible passes and he never gave his receivers a chance at making the catch.
Anything over 20 yards down the field and his completion percentage drops significantly. His completion percentage is 61.1%, which is the first season in his career that he has been over 60%. 10 years ago that would be pretty good, but the game is changing and now we are seeing QB's with very high completion percentages. Almost every starting QB in the NFL is over 60% now, and a lot are over 65%. There are 18 NFL QB's that are above 65%, based on a minimum of 60pass attempts.

Purdy on the other hand.... he is ranked #8 in the country in passing yards, 15th in yards per attempt, 15th in completion % and 18th in QB rating. And his numbers the last two games have not been great.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Anything over 20 yards down the field and his completion percentage drops significantly. His completion percentage is 61.1%, which is the first season in his career that he has been over 60%. 10 years ago that would be pretty good, but the game is changing and now we are seeing QB's with very high completion percentages. Almost every starting QB in the NFL is over 60% now, and a lot are over 65%. There are 18 NFL QB's that are above 65%, based on a minimum of 60pass attempts.

Purdy on the other hand.... he is ranked #8 in the country in passing yards, 15th in yards per attempt, 15th in completion % and 18th in QB rating. And his numbers the last two games have not been great.

Man, Saturday’s Stats in a 38-14 win really dragged Purdy’s numbers down.

• Funny
Reactions: demoncore1031

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
It's a dumb take. Stafford will probably end his career with borderline HOF numbers.
Borderline HOF numbers and what has he done at Detroit? Answer: Nothing
Stanley is breaking all sorts of records at Iowa and will go down as statistically one of the best QB's to play at Iowa. What has he done while there? Answer: Nothing.

See how using stats as your only metric tends to be dumb?

• Funny
Reactions: cdface

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yep, it's happening.

20191014-063150.jpg

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
From our buddy Chad.

"It’s not like Iowa’s offense has done zilch these past two weeks; not counting turnovers, it’s actually only had three three-and-outs in 24 possessions until Brandon Smith's miraculous 33-yard touchdown catch with 2 minutes, 31 seconds left game the Hawkeyes a hint of hope."

No Chad, your offense has done zilch and yes turnovers still count.

Chad licks hok heinie. Daily.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy and mj4cy

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Borderline HOF numbers and what has he done at Detroit? Answer: Nothing
Stanley is breaking all sorts of records at Iowa and will go down as statistically one of the best QB's to play at Iowa. What has he done while there? Answer: Nothing.

See how using stats as your only metric tends to be dumb?

We get it man, you’re a frustrated Lions fan. It doesn’t make the comparison a good one though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron