Hawk fans gonna turn on Stanley

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I thought I'd seen Ken O'Keefe on the Iowa sideline a couple weeks ago, and last night it was confirmed when the announcers said he'd returned to the staff as... the QB coach.

And for Hawk fans talking about firing Ferentz, they realize it's another Ferentz that will be taking the reigns, right? The one who's in charge of the offense they complain about, that recently went 27 drives without a TD?

KOK was brought in when BF became the OC. Was talk of BF needing to have his hand held for a bit.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Missed the game. I’m assuming it was a barn burner?
tenor.gif

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: Bigman38 and GTO

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
KOK was brought in when BF became the OC. Was talk of BF needing to have his hand held for a bit.
I think Polosek was hired at the same time. So Kurt brought in two guys with OC experience to help out Brain.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
You mean Reece Morgan? The one who tells players interested in Ag to just follow a farmer because no farmers have degrees?

Fun part is, this is the group that BF coached his first couple of years as Oline coach. He is reaping what he sowed.
That was Kelvin Bell that said that, not Morgan. Bell took over for Morgan at DL after Morgan retired.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Acylum and BCClone

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
All I’ve been hearing about from hok fan all season is this Linderbaum that is some kind of wunderkind...is that not the case?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Stanley has his issues but that offense has more issue that him right now. He's going to be the scapegoat but this has to be one of, if not the, worst OL KF has had. Right now, they can't establish the power run plays they've built their offense around for nearly 20 years or protect long enough for the play action pass plays they've been great with in the past to develop. They have a very small group of plays they feel comfortable running right now, it's making the super predictable.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Stanley’s not very accurate, but his lack of mobility combined with that struggling O-Line is not a recipe for success.

Iowa’s over/under against Wisconsin should probably be 0.5.
Technically you could make it 1.5, but then again it is Wall Puncher running the offensive show.

Reactions: Doc