Synder joining Nitty Lions RTC

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Rich get richer, but completely understand the move for Snyder. Wonder how Kerkvliet is feeling about the move though

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
I agree he needed to make the move because more than likely he and J'den Cox will be going for the same spot for Tokyo, which right now I'd probably say Cox beats him.

I definitely agree the move makes a lot of sense. Snyder needs to expand his horizons to compete with the likes of Sadulaev. However, with Cox needing to adjust to a new weight class I have a hard time seeing him get through Snyder. Achieving third in the world at a weight where his main competition is probably the best p4p wrestler in world is still wicked good.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I agree he needed to make the move because more than likely he and J'den Cox will be going for the same spot for Tokyo, which right now I'd probably say Cox beats him.
Whaaaa...? Cox has never wrestled at that weight. He went down to 86 in the last trials, and I thought that is what he would do again.

We may have two world champions not make our own Olympic team as I don't think Cox can beat Snyder, or drop down and beat a healthy Taylor. And based on the way Burroughs looked at Worlds, Dake may have the same problem.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Whaaaa...? Cox has never wrestled at that weight. He went down to 86 in the last trials, and I thought that is what he would do again.

We may have two world champions not make our own Olympic team as I don't think Cox can beat Snyder, or drop down and beat a healthy Taylor. And based on the way Burroughs looked at Worlds, Dake may have the same problem.

I think Cox will bump up and challenge Snyder vs going down to battle Taylor. I also think Cox will win that weight and probably has a better chance against Snyder than he does against Taylor.

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
In a perfect world Snyder could bump up to 125 and take it from Gwizz, who just one and done’d at worlds. My ideal lineup for the Olympics next year:
57 - Lee
65 - Yianni
74 - Dake
86 - Taylor
97 - Cox
125 - Snyder
What will probably happen:
57 - Fix
65 - Yianni
74 - Burroughs
86 - Taylor
97 - Cox
125 - Gwizz

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
My guess is:
57 - Fix over Gilman
65 - Yianni over Zain
74 - Dake over Burroughs
86 - Taylor over PDIII
97 - Cox over Snyder
125 - Gwiz over Coon (although I personally think Steveson could challenge)

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
My guess is:
57 - Suriano (sleeper pick if he can pull the wgt)
65 - Zain
74 - Dake over Burroughs (hard to bet against JB)
86 - Cox (over Taylor) - easier path to Olympic Gold...not necessarily US champ
97 - Snyder
125 - Steveson

Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
May as well put my picks in too:
57 - Gilman (I think his time in Dagestan will give him an edge)
65 - Zain
74 - Dake (Much love for JB, but I think Dake gets him this time)
86 - Taylor
97 - Snyder
125 - Gwiz

Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron