Jack Trice Stadium - Mountaineer Field

EERwax

Nov 27, 2013
Morgantown/Keyser, W. Va.
"Pitt Sucks", lol, I had forgotten about the heated rivalry back in the old Big East days.

Interesting that most of your highest attended games happened back in the 80's and 90s and ISU's have been in the last few years. It would seem to me that would be a good indication of the trajectory of the programs over the last few years.

They removed 3,500 seats in a 2004 renovation and nix'd the standing room only tickets. I ran the numbers on the WV boards and we've hit 61k+ about 7-8 times since we've joined the league. Last week vs Texas it was 62K+ and the largest since pre renovation

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Milan Puskar Stadium has more rows of seats on the sidelines than JTS does. While JTS has 47 lower level rows to MPS 44 lower level rows, MPS has 37 in the balcony vs 30 at JTS.

I thought it was slightly different. But those added four rows would make a decent difference in capacity between the two in some of the historical attendances.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Milan Puskar Stadium has more rows of seats on the sidelines than JTS does. While JTS has 47 lower level rows to MPS 44 lower level rows, MPS has 37 in the balcony vs 30 at JTS.

I thought it was slightly different. But those added four rows would make a decent difference in capacity between the two in some of the historical attendances.
Also, MPS originally had 9 wide and 2 narrow sections in the upper deck compared to CS(now JTS) having 7 wide and 2 narrow sections. I don't know how many seats per row each section has/had.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
What are these grass lots at Jack Trice and why are they never open?
Grass parking lots for parking and tailgating. It has been ridiculously rainy the last two falls so they can't be open or they will get torn up and be unusable for the remainder of the season.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Grass parking lots for parking and tailgating. It has been ridiculously rainy the last two falls so they can't be open or they will get torn up and be unusable for the remainder of the season.
And it doesn't help much that they also become impassable when we get snow during later games.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I say we open them up anyway and have a mud bog/tailgate party. It would probably be a good time.
Mud-Party.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

xo790oigxzpy.jpg

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Only 50 minutes away and long time rival across all sports for well over 100 years. Big city vs country. Steel industry vs Coal industry. They have a massive superiority complex (they're like Minnesota for you mid-westerners) and hate losing to us as much as we hate losing to them.

You had a chance to be a legendary visitor if you would have replaced Minnesota with the U of I

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Per the OP, MPS opened with a capacity of 50K while CS opened with a capacity of 45K.

• Agree
Reactions: MNCYWX

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Redeemed with the TOE reference, yes. But thinking anyone in this region cares about minn is laughable. Peoplease in the cities don't even care about the gophers

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron