Urbandale Hy-Vee booze sale

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Sep 30, 2019
For those who have been to this sale in the past. Is it relative to price of liquor/beer at Sams Club or better discounted?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
For those who have been to this sale in the past. Is it relative to price of liquor/beer at Sams Club or better discounted?
I would say better. Sams sells 1L and I usually do the math compared with the .750 normal bottles.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
If you are going to buy alcohol at 5am you have issues
source.gif

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
If you are going to buy alcohol at 5am you have issues
The Urbandale Wine and Spirits sale usually has deeply discounted items, in this case, the early bird gets the worm. Also, I've lined up at HyVee on Black Friday before 4am on multiple occasions to make sure I'm able to get Goose Island Bourbon County Stout.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
I'll be interested to see the details released, see if there's any new alcohol that I'll need to try.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
The Urbandale Wine and Spirits sale usually has deeply discounted items, in this case, the early bird gets the worm. Also, I've lined up at HyVee on Black Friday before 4am on multiple occasions to make sure I'm able to get Goose Island Bourbon County Stout.
From the responses I got I can see this site is full of alcoholics that wont admit it. 1- There is no reason to need a CASE of Crown, goose neck or any other alcohol. 2-Ill avoid the crowd and sleep in over saving a few dollars per bottle 3- you all were probably the ones that went to Boone and sat outside for 12 hours waiting for the new mcdonalds to open up this week just to get a 1 $4 big mac a week for a year. You cant pass up that savings!

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
From the responses I got I can see this site is full of alcoholics that wont admit it. 1- There is no reason to need a CASE of Crown, goose neck or any other alcohol. 2-Ill avoid the crowd and sleep in over saving a few dollars per bottle 3- you all were probably the ones that went to Boone and sat outside for 12 hours waiting for the new mcdonalds to open up this week just to get a 1 $4 big mac a week for a year. You cant pass up that savings!

Came for sale details. Stayed for the gambling addict telling everyone else they have problems.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Do you live in Boone?

• Funny
Reactions: 2020cy

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

LOL

I go to this sale & buy liquor for the entire year, save probably $50+..

I also buy toilet paper in bulk even though I don't need 30 rolls each time I wipe my ass - is that ok?