Dudley Blackwell is making his decision today

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Agree with it being best case for ISU if Grant-Foster waits until spring.

Top 40 for a three player class would be very good though. There were only 5 three player classes that finished Top 40 in 2019 and only 1 finished Top 20 (Texas). It also seems likely Jaden Walker will receive a heavy boost similar to Tyrese and Tre Jackson before him.

Walker was a top 50 composite guy before he fell. No idea why..

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Agree with it being best case for ISU if Grant-Foster waits until spring.

Top 40 for a three player class would be very good though. There were only 5 three player classes that finished Top 40 in 2019 and only 1 finished Top 20 (Texas). It also seems likely Jaden Walker will receive a heavy boost similar to Tyrese and Tre Jackson before him.
Yeah, I’m assuming we sign at least 4. There are not many years in which we haven’t in the past 15 years.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
A class of Walker, Blackwell, Foster and Grant-Foster...oh god.
Following Jackson, Grill, and Leech. It’s all speculative, but that’s a lot of talent and an even better fit. We’d still likely have very talented upperclassmen too for 2020-21.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Yeah, I’m assuming we sign at least 4. There are not many years in which we haven’t in the past 15 years.

Reasonable expectation, though I wouldn't expect a 4th until the Spring, either Grant-Foster or Walton (speculation a spring commitment for both), or Transfer once the staff knows if a current player decided the want their next opportunity. (let's not speculate, not the time)

We can worry about that after November and Xavier's announcement, back to Blackwell watch today.

I like Dudley's potential and how his game would fit his roster. Think he could even get some minutes his freshman year as a defensive stopper due to his athleticism.
Plus I like the pipeline we the staff (Kane) appears to be developing. Luke Anderson was first and ISU just offered two more FL prospects. Looking to be a targeted recruiting area in the future.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
A class of Walker, Blackwell, Foster and Grant-Foster...oh god.

source.gif

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I don't know guys, with those 4 recruits we will probably be on NCAA sanctions. They have to do something about Kansas illegalities, so look out.:eek:

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cyched

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Reactions: Thompsonclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Top-40 is a low bar, but also would undersell how well this class would complement the current roster. I think any 3 of Walker, Blackwell, Foster, Grant-Foster, and Walton is one of the best foundation classes we’ve had.

I really hope we can find room for 4 of these guys. Grant-Foster waiting until spring would be helpful.

This group and the HS kids from last year would be a solid core of upperclassmen to go alongside Lipsey in 22-23 :)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron