Cedar Rapids/Iowa City corridor breweries 2019

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Its already MAY! I thought we should have a new thread starting with the discovery that it is Cedar Rapids Craft Beer week. Apparently a number of beer related events around the area. I'm a little out of the loop on this, so anyone with more info should chime in. There is a website at crcraftbeerweek.com.
I will post below more about what I know.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
I stopped by my local grocery store based bar that also serves food (a blessing and a curse if you ask me). Last week's tap takeover was replaced by the CR Craft Beer Week tap takeover. I will attach a photo of their 'table tent' (though it isn't a table tent), showing what they have on tap. I have covered the 'bar' name and location so that I can have more on tap for myself... crcraftbeer2019.jpg

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
The Steel Cut NEIPA is this year's collaboration beer. I hear that it should be available at the listed CR breweries (Clock House, Iowa Brewing, Lion Bridge, Quarterbarrel, Thew and Third Base) along with a select few other locations (my HV grocery store bar) while it lasts. I compared "Steel Cut" to the 'Witch Slap' from Clock House brewing: The Steel Cut tastes smoother, but to my palate, it is less flavorful. I have not been able to find any ABV or IBU rating for it.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I see “House Divided” brewery in Ely posted on Facebook they’re hiring servers which must mean they’re close.

I know this was a self funded business venture for the owner but dam this has taken forever and he’s missed out on a lot of potential business this summer with the cyclists

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I see “House Divided” brewery in Ely posted on Facebook they’re hiring servers which must mean they’re close.

I know this was a self funded business venture for the owner but dam this has taken forever and he’s missed out on a lot of potential business this summer with the cyclists
0E1F7522-6C62-4E9B-8125-4216DA43BC42.jpeg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron