Vikings fans...

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I'm hoping the Vikes will draft a QB in round 1 in the 2020 draft, depending on who is available. Not a lot of teams are in need of a QB really so that could help the Vikings maybe get a Jake Fromm or Justin Herbert somewhere in the middle of round 1. Draft someone and have him sit behind Kirk next year and then be ready to take over in 2021.

Or wait until 2021 and trade up to take Trevor Lawrence at #1. Although Lawrence hasn't been all that impressive this year.

I wouldn't be upset if the Vikings moved on from Spielman.

Reactions: isutrevman

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
I love seeing Teddy have the success he's having in New Orleans, even if it is for that douche Sean Payton and the Saints. If you dig into the advanced numbers a bit and don't look at traditional raw QB fantasy stats and also factor in the abomination of an offensive line (and scheme that featured 31 year old Adrian Peterson) he had in 2015, the fact that he brought them into the playoffs and should have had them in the Divisional round is pretty incredible.

Plus he also was universally beloved by teammates and the coaching staff, so you wouldn't have any of the perceived angst with Diggs, Thielen, etc. and his best numbers came in big spots.

Just typical Vikings that the last two promising franchise QBs we've had have had their knees explode. Obviously not super relevant to the 2019 season, but just something I've been thinking about recently.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I'm hoping the Vikes will draft a QB in round 1 in the 2020 draft, depending on who is available. Not a lot of teams are in need of a QB really so that could help the Vikings maybe get a Jake Fromm or Justin Herbert somewhere in the middle of round 1. Draft someone and have him sit behind Kirk next year and then be ready to take over in 2021.

Or wait until 2021 and trade up to take Trevor Lawrence at #1. Although Lawrence hasn't been all that impressive this year.

I've circled Week 9 vs the Chiefs as one of Cousins "resume" games - if he can't exceed the performance that Jacoby Brissett had last Sunday night, then the Vikings MUST draft a QB in 2020. I don't know if it necessarily has to be a first rounder, but definitely picked no later than round 3.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

If Zim is still around, they'll probably take a DB in the first round. Can't have enough of those! /jimlad

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
If Zim is still around, they'll probably take a DB in the first round. Can't have enough of those! /jimlad
What happened to Holton Hill? I don't think I have seen him play yet this year. I like the depth at CB with Rhodes, Waynes, Alexander, Hughes and Hill. I think the biggest needs are DT, a #3 LB, LT and a #3 WR even though they are not passing the ball as much.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
What happened to Holton Hill? I don't think I have seen him play yet this year. I like the depth at CB with Rhodes, Waynes, Alexander, Hughes and Hill. I think the biggest needs are DT, a #3 LB, LT and a #3 WR even though they are not passing the ball as much.
LT, LG, RG
Bradbury needs time. O'Neill is solid. Elflein has regressed. Reiff is trash. Kline is a temp fix.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
All of a sudden, Minnesota's schedule doesn't look quite as daunting. Dallas and the Chargers don't look as good as expected. Chiefs aren't unbeatable. Seattle is good, but there are some chances for wins that I didn't think were there. If they can find a way to beat Detroit next week, they should be in the thick of the playoff race.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
All of a sudden, Minnesota's schedule doesn't look quite as daunting. Dallas and the Chargers don't look as good as expected. Chiefs aren't unbeatable. Seattle is good, but there are some chances for wins that I didn't think were there. If they can find a way to beat Detroit next week, they should be in the thick of the playoff race.

They're looking better.

The NFL is such a crapshoot.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
They're looking better.

The NFL is such a crapshoot.
Yeah, I could totally see them laying an egg next week, but today was an impressive win. No two ways about it. Philly isn't elite, but they're a good team, and the Vikings manhandled them. Given the other options, I'll take it.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
You might be getting out in front of your skis a little bit.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
You might be getting out in front of your skis a little bit.
By saying that the the teams on the schedule don't look as strong as they did a few weeks ago? No, I don't think I am.

I'm not guaranteeing wins or even predicting them. I'm saying that I'm more optimistic than I was.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
By saying that the the teams on the schedule don't look as strong as they did a few weeks ago? No, I don't think I am.

I'm not guaranteeing wins or even predicting them. I'm saying that I'm more optimistic than I was.
Okay. that's fair. I don't think we're beating Detroit though.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It's certainly won't be easy. I'm very interested in watching the game tomorrow night.

It'll at least be nice to have the 3 division road games out of the way. Has to help come crunch time if we're in playoff races with the other teams.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneFan4

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'm not sold on Detroit yet. They've certainly improved (particularly on defense), but the Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs and Eagles isn't exactly murderer's row this year.

If we don't inexplicably get all vanilla on offense, we should come out on top.

Tomorrow's game could be close, but a large Green Bay victory and Detroit's expectations coming back to earth is sorta what I'm expecting.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron