Finalists named for IPPA's 2019 best breaded tenderloin

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
Night Hawk in Slater has good tenderloins? I have been there probably 100 times and never seen anyone eating one.

Agreed. How good are they I wonder.
Tough to be the polk city pub or lucky pig for pork tenderloins in the Slater/Madrid/PC/Boone area. The lucky pig is by far my favorite. Don't make it into DSM much to try some of the others.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Tough to be the polk city pub or lucky pig for pork tenderloins in the Slater/Madrid/PC/Boone area. The lucky pig is by far my favorite. Don't make it into DSM much to try some of the others.

Night Hawk in Slater has good tenderloins? I have been there probably 100 times and never seen anyone eating one.

Yeah, Ive been there too and have never seen one being eaten nor ordered one myself. I tried cole's 2 years ago and would never be back, I don't like gnat flying around the kitchen - was pretty dirty. I like their cause but wouldn't risk eating there again unless they cleaned it up. The fire was a shame.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

Went to night hawk after the game to try the tenderloin. It was average at best, not bad by any means but not memorable or good enough to be top 5 in the state or let alone my top 5. Isn’t nearly as good as the tenderloins found in Ogden, Polk City, or Bondurant, imo.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Try Whatcha Smoking in Luther... Very good.

Also being someone that has judged these before... We can't judge places unless they are nominated.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Also suggest Big Al's... Different spin on it.. smoked first. Then pounded out and fried. Think he said they smoke them for 4 to 6 hours.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Try Whatcha Smoking in Luther... Very good.

Also being someone that has judged these before... We can't judge places unless they are nominated.

I tried Whatcha Smokin a year ago. The tenderloin was thin and overcooked, left unimpressed and disappointed. Maybe I went on an off day?

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
T-Minus 4 posts until this turns into "$8 is way to expensive for a PT! I can make one at home for half that!"