Site has become a political forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Could the moderators put political posts on a political site and sports posts on this site.......
If you haven’t noticed, there are non sports threads that aren’t political. This isn’t a sports only site and there’s no reason it should be. When you see a thread on a topic you don’t like or have no interest in, just scroll on instead of pissing and moaning at the mods.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
No-Country-for-Old-Men_Tommy-Lee-Jones_Josh-Brolin_Javier-Bardem_9.jpg

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
What's hilarious is the number and frequency political threads that get bumped during Cyclone games. ?@?

I do not have the Cave blocked -- just not choosing to participate anymore. The thread titles, post counts, and view counts are revealing enough on their own.

However, the amount of activity in there compared to the general sports boards is... strange, if not revealing about where people want to put their time and mental energy.

This places feels like 50% politics, 30% Iowa-ISU troll wars, 10% "general" nonpolitical stuff (e.g., movies or music), and 10% "real" stuff related to Iowa State sports nowadays.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I have "Hide Political Forums" checked in preferences. I can still see them, and the threads still pop up in the "recent" post page. Why is that? What does "Hide Political Forums" mean if they aren't hidden at all?

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I do not have the Cave blocked -- just not choosing to participate anymore. The thread titles, post counts, and view counts are revealing enough on their own.

However, the amount of activity in there compared to the general sports boards is... strange, if not revealing about where people want to put their time and mental energy.

This places feels like 50% politics, 30% Iowa-ISU troll wars, 10% "general" nonpolitical stuff (e.g., movies or music), and 10% "real" stuff related to Iowa State sports nowadays.

I know, right?! What are those idiots thinking? It's 2019 for chrissakes. What reason could they possibly have to discuss so many political topics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron