Campbell mentioned for Redskin's HC job

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It's impossible to say who the skins will go after, I mean at this time last year, who had Kliffy pegged for an NFL job (he's actually doing decent too).

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Make it patriotic because of DC. Change colors to red, white, blue. It would be the easiest and most logical rebrand ever.

Given the similarities between the federal govt and the team, with the dysfunction and lack of accountability, there are some really interesting naming opportunities there.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
After that offensive clinic in Ann Arbor, I have to think Brain has a lot of suitors knocking at his door.

• Winner
Reactions: adjl

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not sure why Snyder would not go after a Bob Stoops, Steve Spurrior, or someone like that. I mean They are willing to coach in the XFL and the other league. Why not make a splash, sell some tickets before you have to fire them in 2 years because you made horrible front office decisions anyway.

He did hire spurrier.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Unless the Redskins are going to blow him away with a guaranteed offer of 5 million or more, why would Campbell want to take the risk?
He can stay here in Ames, making 3.5 million a year, until a blueblood college job opens up. Why risk that for a job that everyone thinks he would be canned for, in 3 or 4 years.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Tomlin going to the Redskins would make me a little nervous. If the Steelers wanted Campbell that would seem to be a perfect organization for him. Obviously a lot of "ifs" there before anything like that would happen but definitely a scenario that makes me wonder.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
The Raiders fired Gruden. Sooo I am not sure the Raiders fan base loved him for sucking either.

ahh. The most appropriate name on the site strikes again.

gruden left for the buccaneers, and won a super bowl. They had to give the raiders draft picks as compensation

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I think the Redskins need to go with a Jim Zorn or Mike Shanahan type.

• Funny
Reactions: heitclone

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Given the similarities between the federal govt and the team, with the dysfunction and lack of accountability, there are some really interesting naming opportunities there.
All politics aside, the NFL is all about the "shield" and team over player, NFL over any individual. The shied is red, white/silver and blue. Stars on the top. The only drawback could be there are already the Patriots.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Make it patriotic because of DC. Change colors to red, white, blue. It would be the easiest and most logical rebrand ever.

So basically make them the Patriots?

Just swap the name to Sentinels and hire Jimmy McGinty. Franchise saved.

• Friendly
Reactions: harimad

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Interesting that Campbell and Lincoln Riley at OU were the only two college coaches included in the top ten. Great exposure for us!

Can we pump the brakes a bit? This is the type of stuff that colleges use to recruit against us.

I can understand your attraction to ISU and Campbell, but let's be honest. Bigger jobs are calling and can you be sure he isn't going to take one?

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Matt Rhule step right up!

Rhule signed a new contract extension with Baylor that runs through 2027. I don't think the contract details have been released but Baylor is not short on money. Baylor is doing their best to keep him around.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Can we pump the brakes a bit? This is the type of stuff that colleges use to recruit against us.

I can understand your attraction to ISU and Campbell, but let's be honest. Bigger jobs are calling and can you be sure he isn't going to take one?

True, but I bet this also gets the coaching staff's foot in the door for a lot of recruits that might not have even considered Iowa State.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron