New TV Shows

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Any recommendations out there for new TV shows that just came out this fall? Probably should have asked this a week or 2 ago before my DVR wiped out the premier week.

I gave Bluff City Law on NBC a try and after watching the pilot episode I plan to watch some more as it was good enough to capture my interest. I've liked some shows Jimmy Smits has been in the past so maybe that is what drew it to me too. Probably the one series Jimmy was in that unfortunately got axed after 1 season was Cane back in 2007 that also had Hector Elizondo (many roles over the years but currently is Ed on Last Man Standing.) Even worse they ended that show on a huge cliff hanger too so didn't even get some closure like they sometimes do with shows they cancel.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
1) Bluff City Law
2) All Rise
3) Emergence

All are very good and have peaked my interest enough to keep watching

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Stumptown kind of helps fill in for Lethal Weapon not being on anymore for me. It kind of fits that vibe in a few ways.
Comedies so far have been kind of Meh. The Unicorn has hope atleast to be good.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
Undone on Amazon Prime was pretty good.

Short 20-30 minute episodes. It's rotoscoped animation (think "A Scanner Darkly", if you've ever seen it), so visually it's interesting. The story was intriguing, and the acting was pretty good. It stars Rosa Salazar (Alita Battle Angel) in the main role and Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad) as her dad. Salazar and Odenkirk were very good...the supporting cast was just OK.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I've enjoyed Stumptown. Good show. Cobie Smulders is killing it. Big recommend on this one.

I've watched both episodes of Perfect Harmony so far, I'm kind of meh on it. Which surprises me, as I felt it was going to check all the boxes for me.

I really liked the first episode of Almost Family. I'm not sure what groove this show is going to settle into, however. Are they going to find new victims each week? Will it continue to be a drama? If it moves towards comedy... is medical rape really something to be mined for laughs?

And for nostalgia, Netflix dropped season two of Carmen Sandiego, which I'm working my way through. Might follow up downthread on that. On November 5th, season four of She-Ra!!! Cannot freaking wait, that show is soooooooo gud.

Edit: as others pointed out The Boys is a great show. I don't really consider it a new show, however... unless they released more episodes? What's next for it? Whenever they do drop more, I will be binging them immediately.