KU Hoops: brought to you by Adidas and Snoop Dogg

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Ku is like Nike in many ways. They know exactly who their audience is (recruits) and additionally, this gave them an opportunity to tell the NCAA and everyone else: F'you, we're Ku. And then they take themselves off the hook with a roll-eyes - we're sorry if this offended you, we can't understand why - apology. It's absurd for a university but laughable nonetheless.

• Disagree
Reactions: Macloney

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
I would be 100% embarrassed if ISU ever had a stripper pole in the middle of Hilton Coliseum. I don't see how it could ever be considered "awesome" unless you're in high school.
2zo1ki.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Artists at Late Night are purely for the entertainment of the players and recruits. They moved the concert to the very end so that fans who wanted to see all of the other parts of Late Night but weren't interested in the concert could see what they want and then leave.

To my knowledge, the doors to AFH were kept unlocked, allowing anyone who may find Snoop Dogg to not be up their alley to exit. Late Night is a free event so it's not like people feel obligated to stay to get their money's worth. Late Night is not something that I would ever go to but to each their own. Seems like the overwhelming response from people who attended was that it was a fun show.

This has got to be up for dumbest comment of the month "purely for the entertainment of the players and recruits." Please tell me all recruits parents are huge fans of Snoop.

Makes you wonder where the after party was at. :eek::eek:

• Funny
Reactions: CySmurf

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
It’s snoop! There weren’t actual strippers. Relax old man.

Yeah, sorry, I'm not an old man, but I also don't find Snoop Dogg and everything that comes with it super cool. Maybe 25 years ago. I get that there weren't actual strippers, but are pole dancers spreading their legs at halfcourt that much different? It was low-class trash.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Yeah, sorry, I'm not an old man, but I also don't find Snoop Dogg and everything that comes with it super cool. Maybe 25 years ago. I get that there weren't actual strippers, but are pole dancers spreading their legs at halfcourt that much different? It was low-class trash.

Yeah I'm not sure I want that representing our program.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Are pole dancers grinding and doing the splits really any different than the dance team grinding and doing the splits at halftime of every home game? They were wearing the same amount of clothing.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Are pole dancers grinding and doing the splits really any different than the dance team grinding and doing the splits at halftime of every home game? They were wearing the same amount of clothing.

See we are doing color commentary on the Snoop show now! You really are grasping for KU's innocence. Can't wait for this to happen!!

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Saw Snoop in concert once. The main thing I remember is at one point he rapped "Show me your titties, sh-sh-sh-show me your titties" and without hesitation like 20 girls showed him their titties.

Did you show him yours? What you working with anyway?

• Funny
Reactions: CySmurf

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
See we are doing color commentary on the Snoop show now! You really are grasping for KU's innocence. Can't wait for this to happen!!

My question was totally independent of KU and their NCAA violation case. Really, other than the innuendo of what would be happening IF the dancers were strippers, what's actually different?

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
I think it would be cool to have a Snoop concert at Hilton. However, having it at an ISU basketball event with stripper poles at mid court, money guns, etc., creates a very poor image of the university and would be a major embarrassment for the university. No way Pollard would ever allow that, particularly with his family friendly environment he is trying to provide. I'm sure even some major donors may think twice about what they are doing if it did happen.

Also saying it is OK because we didn't force anyone to be there, or confusing strippers/pole dancers with college dancers/cheerleaders is beyond stupid.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Ask an actual cheerleader if they want to be compared to a pole dancer at a strip club. Cheerleaders are not trying to get you to stuff bills into their thongs. There's a big difference.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron