WWE Hell in a Cell (2019) Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I would imagine the fans couldn't see worth a crap in the first place. Then to have the match go/end the way it did. I get not wanting the Fiend to get the title this early, but there had to be a better way to have the match go.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I will say, the WWE Network ran flawlessly on the PS4, which it didn't the previous two PPVs.

bradcyclone

Jan 25, 2009
Crap ending no doubt, the only way to beat the The Fiend Bray Wyatt is you have to take off the mask to make him weak!!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I will say, the WWE Network ran flawlessly on the PS4, which it didn't the previous two PPVs.

It did not run flawlessly on XBOX One. I got kicked out of the app 4 times, the first time I had to relog in to my WWE Network account. The second time I restart the console because every time I tried to get back onto the stream it would crash the app. And every single time it happened it defaulted back to Spanish audio (why the hell is Spanish audio default?).

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
If they wanted The Fiend to continue as an undefeated monster while at the same time keeping the belt on Rollins, why the hell did you book the match?

• Winner
Reactions: HitItHard58

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
If they wanted The Fiend to continue as an undefeated monster while at the same time keeping the belt on Rollins, why the hell did you book the match?

I'll start by saying I don't follow professional wrestling, but I saw the outrage on Twitter and dug into it enough to become intrigued by this. I had the exact same reaction as you-- how can you get a DQ in something that is completely planned out ahead of time? And if you planned this whole thing out, how could a DQ that everyone know is fabricated be the result you want to leave your fans with?

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
That sucked. The hundred or so superkick/stomp combos, Rollins internal struggle and the horrible commentary that went with it, and the ref trying to stop him from using the sledge hammer were all really bad aspects of that match. The Fiend is supposed to be a nightmare monster so why go with the baby face trying to not take things too far angle? Doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. Then you inexplicably end with a dq in a hell in a cell match where literally anything goes. Feel for Wyatt and Rollins but Vince deserved every boo and AEW chant from the crowd last night. He ****** up Bray Wyatt the first time around and now he’s going to do it again. Bray recreated his character and came up with one of the most original and exciting things anybody has seen in wrestling in a long time and Vince can’t just stay out of the way and let it be good. Might be done with Raw and Smackdown at this point. NXT, AEW, and NJPW put on good shows without looking like they’re going out of their way to piss off their fans.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I don’t know whether I posted it here, and I’m too lazy to look through this thread, but this is exactly why I hated the idea of the Rollins-Wyatt match. The Fiend gimmick doesn’t need nor should be motivated by titles, at the very least at this stage. The Fiend shouldn’t be going after titles, he should be destroying everything.

All that said, if the intent was to have the match thrown out (which is never a good idea in HIAC), it should have been Rollins at the bottom of that pile of steel with Wyatt swinging the hammer.