Premier League

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Seems to have gotten eerily quiet in here. @iccyfan are you ok?

Matchweek 7
Big boys vs wannabes for the most part this week, Man U/Arsenal being the exception.

Liverpool @ Sheffield United should see the Reds rack up another 3 points
Brighton @ Chelsea should be 3 points for the Blues
Saints @ Spurs should be 3 points to Spurs, but given their form I’m going with a draw here.
City @ Everton will be another City romp.
Arsenal @ Man U is interesting. United can’t score, Arsenal can’t defend. Something has to give. 2-1 to the Gunners after United miss their 45th penalty of the season (approximately).
I think the Spurs rebound. LC is very good this year, and have shown willingness to spend money and spent well it appears. Bournemouth just smacked around the Saints. The Hotspur should win easily.

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
Liverpool league schedule for October is only three games: Leicester, Tottenham, ManU

Man United at Old Trafford with the other two at home. Should be four more victories after taking care of SU tomorrow

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
71188546_10219134636550519_4887745835946737664_n.jpg

Reactions: CyDude16

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Did Serge Gnabry kill @iccyfan too? The radio silence from him has been amusing.

I'm fine - thanks for inquiring! My radio silence of five weeks is easily explainable. I have a responsible job and took a two week vacation with my wife and another couple in Ireland. I buried myself in work for two weeks prior to leaving, spent two weeks abroad and have been playing catch-up since getting home last week. That, plus Spurs are a mess!

No conspiracy, nor have I abandoned my squad - I still have hope the season can be salvaged!

On the plus side, Ireland is awesome; I hadn't been there since 1990 and had forgotten what a great place it is to visit. I particularly enjoyed Northern Ireland, specifically Derry. I've been watching "Derry Girls" on Netflix with the wife just for the scenery (plus the show is funny)...

Reactions: CyDude16

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Pulisic finally gets it going at Chelsea. Two goals in the first half today against Burnley.

Just put in no. 3 with a header.

That makes him the youngest player to score 3 for Chelsea in the Premier League; the 2nd American to get 3 since Deuce did it at Fulham.

Last edited:

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
‘Spurs hire Jose Mourinho. I am not looking forward to cheering for him, but they are soft, and he’ll either cure that or totally lose the team.

Should be an interesting year.

Going to miss Poch. Really good guy.

• Agree
Reactions: jmkc12

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
‘Spurs hire Jose Mourinho. I am not looking forward to cheering for him, but they are soft, and he’ll either cure that or totally lose the team.

Should be an interesting year.

Going to miss Poch. Really good guy.

Spurs have a shoestring budget. Jose has complained about not having enough to spend in the market at places like Man U. This ain’t gonna end well.

• Agree
Reactions: dmg89

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Jose and Pep both in the league- One whingin see you next tuesday was enough- I hope he tanks them but anyone would do a better job than Pudge at this point. The players quit listening to him a season ago.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Spurs have a shoestring budget. Jose has complained about not having enough to spend in the market at places like Man U. This ain’t gonna end well.

Strange bedfellows for sure, but maybe Levy feels with the new stadium they have more room for financial risk, or maybe Jose has something to prove. A new approach?

They are both smart guys, but that doesn’t mean this is a good or bad decision.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Daniel Levy should be the one leaving. He wants to act like a large club, but he has less player investment than Leicester. He has somehow managed to convince everyone in London that Spurs are that though. Those media sessions will be gold.

• Agree
Reactions: ThatllDoCy

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Strange bedfellows for sure, but maybe Levy feels with the new stadium they have more room for financial risk, or maybe Jose has something to prove. A new approach?

They are both smart guys, but that doesn’t mean this is a good or bad decision.
Mourinho complained about his transfer budget in a year where his team spent half a billion dollars. Half a BILLION. Its popcorn time.

• Winner
Reactions: mdk2isu

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Mourinho complained about his transfer budget in a year where his team spent half a billion dollars. Half a BILLION. Its popcorn time.

Maybe he was just clocking off and covering for himself, I mean, that is the guy’s personality. Was he going to admit he was the problem?

I don’t like Mourinho’s brand of soccer, but he has won lots of trophies.

Spurs need a leap to big club status. Can he do that? I don’t know, I’d rather Poch did it, but the last 11 months have been horrible outside of the unlikely Champions league run.

And why was Aurier still starting? That would demotivate me as another player. Dude is not good, and neither is his effort or attitude. I can’t see Jose putting up with that. The other players deserve better.