Herby and Corso

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
The entire GameDay experience last month should be celebrated, period.

Maybe most people commenting here haven't lost elderly parents/grandparents or cared for them, I imagine not, actually. But I appreciate people who make life worthwhile for anyone who doesn't have a lot of time, and if it makes other people uncomfortable for a few moments, too bad.

My dad used to always say getting older was awful but it beat the alternative.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Read the article I linked. It may mitigate some of your doubt.

I just read it and I think the compassion and sincerity among those guys is authentic. But I'm one of those that feels uncomfortable watching it and I can't honestly tell you why... Same thing with Craig Mortensen and his cancer battle.

Maybe it's a shallowness thing, maybe it's a mortality thing as I'm dealing with an aging father with health issues - but I want TV to be an escape rather than something that reinforces end-of-life issues I'm facing with my Dad.

• Friendly
Reactions: jmb

CheapClone1202

Has 3 legs
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2019
Had this discussion in the crowd on the 14th with a buddy but what’s gonna happen when LC retires/dies? Does Gameday have someone else do headgear? Does the show not include it at all? Does the show continue to air?

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Had this discussion in the crowd on the 14th with a buddy but what’s gonna happen when LC retires/dies? Does Gameday have someone else do headgear? Does the show not include it at all? Does the show continue to air?

Get a statue of corso, have a fan poll during the show. And have the other hosts place the mascot head that had the most votes on the statue.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

I don't think there are many people that can pull the mascot head thing off. Some kind of Corso tribute would be fitting since he is synonymous with the show, but that seems pretty tough to pull off when it's supposed to be your big finisher.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't think there are many people that can pull the mascot head thing off. Some kind of Corso tribute would be fitting since he is synonymous with the show, but that seems pretty tough to pull off when it's supposed to be your big finisher.
I would think you’d have to retire the mascot head shtick out of respect for corso. Whoever ends up being the new wacky resident picker could find a similar yet distinct way to pick teams, kind of like how Jay Williams does the Superman jersey reveal on the basketball version of game day.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I love the guy. He has made game day what it is. But I can say he has went down hill the last couple years since his stroke. You can see it. Its getting tough to see. I do think his time on the show is coming to an end. But I am so glad he got to come and we got to have him in Ames before he hangs it up.
I am surprised that they haven't moved him to more of a smaller part of the show like just a guest picker type segment or a side bit like Bear or something. That may be what comes, or he may just call it quits too.
This is nothing against him. He is a huge part of what has made that show successful, I just see it getting close for him to being done. Gotta love the guy though.