New Clint Eastwood film

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Just watched the trailer....it's about Richard Jewell, the guy who discovered the bomb in Atlanta at the Olympics. Eastwood's viewpoint on the whole thing is abundantly clear, but he has become pretty good at telling a story. I know I'll go see it.

I believe his viewpoint is the correct one. The government and the media had him pegged as guilty before ever going to a trial.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
It's kind of strange to think about how "Dirty Harry" could bring us such great movies. He's been an excellent storyteller. I've been putting off seeing the Mule, but it's on my list. Gran Torino = Outstanding

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Tremendous casting choice for the title role. Paul Walter Hauser has been excellent in a supporting role in several movies the last few years - I Tonya, BlacKkKlansman, and Late Night. It's about time he got a shot at a lead role.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I don’t remember Clint sucking at to many movies. Maybe bridges of Madison county

J. Edgar = horrible

Jersey Boys = awful

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil = snoozefest

True Crime and Blood Work = run of the mill crap

15:17 to Paris = laughably bad

He makes some fantastic movies but he definitely has his share of crap.

larry

Apr 11, 2006
iowa city
Or Paint Your Wagon...
Yes - Eastwood costarred with Lee Marvin in a musical. :D
Paint Your Wagon is awesome. Who cares if Eastwood and Lee Marvin aren't the greatest singers in the world, they're not supposed to be. It's a comedy, and it has lots of good songs...I enjoy listening to the soundtrack.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Unforgiven is Clint Eastwood’s best work. Mystic River is a close second.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I believe his viewpoint is the correct one. The government and the media had him pegged as guilty before ever going to a trial.

There is only one viewpoint to have regarding that story. Millions of settlement dollars say so.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum